Saturday, February 23, 2008

Caddywampus

I woke up this morning around 600a and was feeling a bit odd. It had nothing to do with last night's glasses of wine.

I figured I would walk The Calvinator, let the sun come up and warm things up outside, and then go for a run.

We came back from our morning stroll and I thought I was going to pass out. I laid down on the couch and fell asleep. I slept for another 3 hours. Probably not a good idea to go for a run this morning, huh?

I got derailed last night but it was in a good way. I went to a Table Captain Kick-off Party for HRC. It was at Bering & James. My plan was to stay there for a bit and then go to In And Out for a cocktail party for Ginger Grant's birthday.

Had some good political discussions. Of course I was hanging out with Hillary's peeps. I got to meet Special K from 104 KRBE.
On my way out of Bering & James, I saw one of the owners and reminded him that we had met when the Krewe had an event there. Then I mentioned to him that I had realized a few months ago that we have a mutual friend. And that's when the floodgates opened!

He and I had met MANY years ago and have additional mutual friends. We chatted and laughed and before I knew it the party had wrapped up and the caterer was cleaning up. It was time to make my exit.

I really don't remember driving home because I was reliving the moment that we realized our worlds had collided again.

Ginger, if you're reading this I hope that it was a fun time and sorry to have missed you at In And Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay, honey! You were there in spirit(s)! Miss G had herself a good bit of wine last night as well!

A Girl From Texas said...

Caddywampus! wow, I haven't heard that word in a long long time. I remember my mother calling me that when I was a very little girl - Kindergarted. I'm not a morning person and apparently wasn't one back then, either. That was how my mother described me in the morning...

Bering & James had an event and I missed it? Augh, I really need to get it together. I went to a David Hardaker event with a friend and had wanted to take her to Bering & James, too.....