Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What A Day

Here it is only 10:30 and I'm worn out. Not so much physically and not so much emotionally...maybe mentally?

I slept later than planned this morning. I kept hitting the snooze alarm. Finally got out of bed and realized it was going to be a beautiful day.

So I'm out walking The Calvinator, enjoying the chill in the air. As we're heading back toward the house, I see one of my neighbors out walking his dog. Hadn't seen him in awhile and it is always good to talk to him so this is a nice surprise to see him.

We're talking and he says that he is glad he ran into me. He has something to tell me...and he wasn't smiling. In a split second my mind goes racing in a hundred different directions. He then tells me that he is moving to another part of town but his wife is staying in the house. They're splitting up. This is another case of I never would have guessed. He is taking the dog with him.

It wasn't appropriate to ask questions so all I could say was that I was sorry to hear that and that on many different levels I'm sorry to see him leave the neighborhood.

It really caught me off-guard. Maybe if I had already had my daily dose of my addiction it wouldn't have hit me as hard.

So, now I'm really late for my next venture. I had received an email that Bill Clinton (the former President) was going to be making some stops in Houston and the first one was at 800a. Having some first hand knowledge of how a day of campaigning can go, I wanted to be at the first stop because once you're late it sets the rest of the schedule behind.

I'll be posting a commentary later about the rally (with pics). I walked away from there feeling happy again and feeling hopeful.

Change seems to be the word of day and all I'm saying is that I'm ready.

And I finally got my coffee!

EDIT @ 1:30P: I went running at Memorial Park at noon. Just had to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. I have a meeting this evening so I won't be able to enjoy this evening. I'm doing post-run stretching in the jungle gym area and out of nowhere Viv comes up and says hello! Wow! What a nice treat! We were chatting and I said something about Ethel Kennedy being at Obama's HQ at 11a but I didn't want to go to his HQ to see her and she says, "What time is it?" I said, "12:40." She says, "twelve four zero?" And I say, "yes." Next thing I know I see a streak of lavendar go running away from me. LOL Viv...hope you made it to your destination on time...and safely.

See you lattte!

support my efforts to raise funds for
AIDS Walk Houston 2008

2 comments:

Viv said...

OMG another split up. I am telling you it is tough out there in relationship world lately.

It was so awesome to see u too. i checked my garmin that mile I tried to chase you I hit a pace of 7:43..LOL!
I didn't know my legs could move that fast. Next time just let me chase you for 3 miles. I made it 5 minutes late, but safe. PS I can not believe I was wearing that same dayum shirt :-o

Margo said...

So jealous that I didn't get an afternoon run in with you two. Viv, LOL at the shirt!