Monday, February 25, 2008

AIDS Walk Houston 2008

On Sunday March 9, 2008 several thousand people will gather downtown for AIDS Walk Houston. It is a 5K (3.1 miles) course.


Even though progress has been made since HIV/AIDS first came onto the landscape, a cure still has not been discovered. Houstonians continue to contract HIV at an alarming rate. HIV doesn't know the boundaries of sexual orientation, gender or ethnicity.


Money raised from the walk will be used for education and prevention programs, pediatric care, housing, food, and medical care.

Readers of this blog will remember that I was involved with World AIDS Day Houston 2007. In a previous post I did a memorial to friends. In another post I gave my reasons for being involved with World AIDS Day Houston 2007. And in another post I gave some statistics about HIV/AIDS.

I hope that you will read some of my previous posts on this blog and then consider making a contribution to the walk. Anything that you can contribute will be greatly appreciated and go to a good cause.

You can click here to the walk's website.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope to see you there! I'm walking with Team Bering Omega.

Anonymous said...

See you there.

Thank you for all that you do.

Timmy said...

looking forward to seeing both you on the 9th!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there.
[: