Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ramblings Of An (un)Caffeinated Mind 9.4

Hmmm
Not sure what got a hold of me yesterday. With the exception of taking The Calvinator out for his mid-day and evening strolls, I pretty much stayed on the couch. I watched Touch Of Pink (cute movie) and Showgirls (not so good movie). I watched some repeats of Make Me A Supermodel. Finally around 330p or so I started feeling like I was coming back to life. I know that if I had gone to the office, a few extra shots of espresso prolly would have given me a kick start but then I would have crashed hard.

I made it to LeFittes and did a lite weight workout. Spent some time in the steam room trying to loosen up some congestion.

Just When You Think You Have Heard It All
Did you know that there is a rock opera about Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan? LOL Yes! The opera is named Tonya and Nancy: The Opera. It premiered the other night in Portland, Oregon. I heard on the telly that Tonya was in the audience and loved it.
Hillary
So while I was laying on the couch, I checked email and there was announcement that Hillary was going to be in Houston. Surely (don't call me Shirley) this was a mistake. The email arrived a few hours before the event and I had just heard she was in Ohio. Then I thought, oh...it's just a rally. Well, one of the talking heads on the telly said that she was really here! UGH! I didn't have anything to wear and I figured it would be over by the time I got there. Oh well. As it turns out, the venue only had room for 400 people and 200 got left in the parking lot trying to get in. That would have been me.

A friend was at the Hyatt the other night when Bill made his appearance at a fundraiser for Hillary. The friend said that Bill hasn't lost his touch. Gave a great speech.

Still haven't talked to anyone who sipped Margaritas with Chelsea the other night. However, if you want to see some pics of Chelsea at Cyclone Anaya's-Midtown, click here. (There are some Obama Rally pics in the mix.)
NoRO Weather
Not to rub it in to anyone south of the Mason Dixon Line or for that matter south of Fort Worth-Dallas but as I'm blogging, I'm sitting outside while The Calvinator runs around and it is 81 degrees Fahrenheit and not a cloud in the sky. Went for a short but difficult run...don't have my mojo...this morning because the weather was too nice not to be outside.
Oscars
For those of you who don't know this, the Academy Awards aka The Oscars are tonight. This is the Gay Super Bowl. Can't say that I have seen any of the movies but I will be watching the telly. Gonna be interesting what with the writers' strike just ending and all. Vanity Fair canceled their party so Madonna and Demi Moore have stepped up to the plate and will throw a bash tonight with an exclusive guest list. I'm sure this party will be in A League Of Its Own. Madge must have known that I couldn't make last minute travel plans so she didn't invite me. No worries Madge. I still love you.

1 comment:

Viv said...

I think that is one opera I would pass on that I would be laughing and not yawning at.

Man, to be at that Madonna/Demi party.