Monday, February 4, 2008

Bon temps rouler on Bourbon Street (Feb. 2007)

As I have mentioned upteen times in the past few days, I'm missing New Orleans right now. As I type this, Krewe of Orpheus is probably approaching the Convention Center for Orpheuscapade. You see...while people on the streets are clamoring for beads, black-tied guests are waiting inside for the parade to come to them.

YES! The parade floats and bands come inside. Many of the Krewe members save their best beads for Orpheuscapade. Last year Harry Connick, Jr. performed once all of the floats were inside and parked. My photos from Orpheuscapade suck because I had an adult beverage in one hand, a camera in the other and I was trying to catch beads.

Last year I had a drink knocked out of my hand by a set of beads. Then I got hit on the head with a full bag of beads. UGH! I'm missing it right now. So...to bring New Orleans to NoRO, I just made a big pot of Jambalaya and gave AttyHou and Everyday Italian part of the batch.

So, I decided to post some pictures from last year. These pictures were taken on Lundi Gras. There is only photo that I am going to explain. Enjoy!
This is a very interesting hair pattern. I told him it looked like a hurricane and he agreed. He was a good sport and let me take a photo of the back of his head. I get real brave after a few cocktails.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Great pics! I love that hurrican hair pattern, LOL!

mjr1066 said...

The Big Ass Beer sign made me giggle cause last fall my brother sent me a pic of him standing next to this sign (I didn't even know he left Ohio)!

Timmy said...

viv: I think the fact that I was overly cocktailed contributed to my fascination with his hair. LOL

mjfr1066: The telltale sign that someone is in NOLA! ;-)