Friday, February 1, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 9.0

Rollercoaster
I jumped on a ride last week and while I thought it would one of those cute little tea cup rides where you get a bit dizzy spinning around it turned out to be a roller coaster. Silly me. The ride ended this afternoon. It made me lose my appetite. Knowing that it is 500p somewhere, I think it is time to start drinking.

Out of the blue I get a text message from someone asking me if everything is OK. This is someone I have not talked to in months. Guess he was picking up on some vibes I was sending out into the universe.

Matt Lauer wears a red dress

So...this morning Marie Osmond is talking to Matt Lauer and she says, "...and you're wearing your red dress." He laughs, looks down and says, "...it's not Saturday night." That Matt. I tell ya. What a cut up!

Marie was on the show promoting Go Red For Women. This is an initiative by the Heart Association to promote awareness about heart disease and its effects on women.

He was actually wearing a pin that looks like this brooch. Matt and a brooch. I'm just saying...

Do you know what it means to Miss New Orleans?
This is the big weekend in New Orleans. Everybody's going to the Mardi Gras! This is the first time in a few years that I will not be traversing to The Big Easy. The past few years, I've gone for Mardi Gras and/or Lundi Gras. It's been awhile since I've spent 4-5 days enjoying the debauchery allowed under Napoleanic Code (thank you Julia Sugarbaker).

The weekend usually starts off like this first photo; nice and clear.

And ends up looking like this photo; blurry and fuzzy.

I will miss spending Saturday and Sunday afternoons Uptown waiting for the parades. Tucks is one of my favorites on Saturday afternoon. And of course the super Krewe of Endymion lights things up on Saturday night and the the super Krewe of Bacchus on Sunday night. Not to be out done, the super Krewe of Orpheus makes things happens on Monday night.


I know. I bitch about taking a tux to New Orleans for Mardi Gras but let me tell ya...nothing beats the party on Monday night at the convention center when Orpheus raises the roof!

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Don't worry I am sure there will be enough Houstonians there to pick up where you would have been.

Coffee soon !!...maybe