Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bitter Queens' Ball

OK. So while I'm in a bit of a bad mood and and since I did Sentimental Sunday on Sunday I thought I would combine the two and talk about a party that was held in 2002. You see...

Kenny In Montrose (KIM) and I decided to throw a party on the night of Valentines Day. It was sort of an anti-Valentines Day Party and we named it the Bitter Queens' Ball.

To be invited you had to be single and bitter (jaded, cynical and alcohol sodden also helped). We had a few munchies and a bunch of liquor because nothing makes you more bitter than a good stiff drink...or two...or three...or four.

Word got out that we were having this party and couples wanted to be invited. We were a bit selective so we sort of put them through a screening process. They had to be a bitter couple and knowing most of them and their relationships they passed the bitter test.

A former friend of mine made up some posters. He was/is a bitter person and craft projects kept him out of trouble. I remember one his posters was of Nicole Kidman complaining that she could never wear heels when she was married to Tom Cruise. Another was of Enron stockholders who had lost everything.

It was a great one time event. KIM and I still get inquiries about when are you going to have another Bitter Queens' Ball? Ya just never know.

I have no idea what I did with the pictures from that night. If I find them before Valentines Day, I will post them for you.

3 comments:

J Duarte said...

Man.. you guys come up with the coolest party ideas ever.

I like the way you live life to the fullest.

Viv said...

What an orginal cool idea. I loved the Nicole poster, LOL!
Start hunting for the pics now.

Timmy said...

RITM: I try to live life to the fullest. Some days are more difficult than others.

viv: I'll see if I can find then. If I remember correctly, KIM and I both wore big red hearts that he had made out of felt. It was a fun evening...being bitter and all you know.