Saturday, February 16, 2008

Boring People

"Under pressure, people admit to murder, setting fire to the village church or robbing a bank, but never to being bores.” –Elsa Maxwell




Elsa Maxwell (b. May 24, 1883, Keokuk, Iowa - d. November 1, 1963, New York City) was an American gossip columnist and author, songwriter and professional hostess whose parties for royalty and the high society figures of her day earned her the title of "the hostess with the mostest". Maxwell is credited with the invention of the scavenger hunt and treasure hunt for use as party games in the modern era. (from quotesup.com)


You may be wondering what this is about. Sit tight and I'll go into more detail in a future post. What I will tell you right now is that while I was doing some research, I ran across some quotes and information about Elsa Maxwell. That quote (above) in turn made me start humming one of my all time favorite songs Being Boring by Pet Shop Boys. Enjoy.


No comments: