Sunday, February 17, 2008

I had a dream



Before I go into details about a dream last night (or was it two dreams), I need to tell you what I did last night which might explain part of my dream.

Last night The Empire of the Royal Sovereign, and Imperial Court of the Single Star Incorporated (E.R.S.I.C.S.S.) held Investures at E.J.'s. I had never been to this event so I might incorrectly describe it. The new Emperor & Empress were introduced and they presented their court. The outgoing Emperor & Empress and Board of Directors presented a check to Legacy in the amount of $41,000. This is money they had raised over the past year. THAT folks is a BUNCH of money to be raised in one year...and we're talking one dollar at a time. And a BIG THANK YOU goes out E.R.S.I.C.S.S.!

So...there were many former monarchs in attendance and visiting monarchs from out of town and out of state. As well as Board members and staff members from Legacy. I didn't read the invitation in detail so I was dressed on the casual side while many in attendance were in black-tie, formal attire or cocktail attire. And with all of the royalty in attendance there were crowns, tiaras, jewels, rhinestones, etc.

Here's the dream:
I'm at Mood in New York City. (Until Project Runway I had NEVER heard of Mood.) Tim Gunn is there. Katy Caldwell (Exec. Director of Legacy) is there and she needs a dress to wear because she is getting married. She doesn't want to wear a traditional wedding dress so the challenge is to design something that Katy likes. I am pulling bolts of material (blues, reds, browns, black) and draping (thanx Rami) material before it is cut. Katy was a tough client to please and I don't know that we ever decided on anything. We were also pulling out rhinestones and bracelets and necklaces trying to make it work.

I finally had to take a break and when I do I realize that Mood is actually part of a store that I shopped at (for real) in Sydney. (So am I in NYC or SYD?)

I go for a walk and next thing I know I am at a trade conference with former business associates. My responsibility is to take photos of them while they are riding in hot air balloons. To do this and to get the closeups, I have to be at the same level. So I am in a gigantic cherry picker that is moving as the same speed as the hot air balloons and I'm getting some good pics.

Well...we are on ground level on a Houston freeway and I realize that the balloon is going to run into an overpass. They're having too good of a time to hear me yelling at them and...

...they slam into an overpass and the balloon deflates. This in turn halts all traffic and brings the conference to an end. No one was hurt.

***end of dream***
I think I have commented before that I have always had vivid dreams. I was often ridiculed by my own blood relatives (i.e. immediate family) because I could remember in detail my dreams. Oh...and I do dream in color.

So if you're wondering what that clip is about, it is Everything's Coming Up Roses from Gypsy. Mama Rose sings, "I had a dream..."

1 comment:

Viv said...

LMAO, I have vivid dreams as well. I love that you were at the fabric store..hehehe too much PR!