Monday, February 4, 2008

Sunday recap

I have often been told and I have often self-described myself as being multi-faceted and eclectic. Yesterday was a good example.

Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday and also Mardi Gras weekend. I was invited to a couple of parties and wanted to give an appropriate host gift. So...I purchased some pom poms in the Mardi Gras colours, found some football and cheerleader beads, threw in some plastic hand clappers and strands of Mardi Gras beads. I was set!

The first stop was Joel and Arnold's Super Bowl Chili Cook-off Party. Guests could enter the cook-off and have their chili voted on by other attendees. I was surprised at the number of entries.
I didn't taste all of the entries and I can't remember all of the names & ingredients. You see...there was also a big bar set up so adult beverages were also a part of the festivities.

This is Wayne with his chili.
This is PC with his tribute to Heath Ledger. I believe the name of his & Mike's chili was I Can't Quit You Chili.
Here is a bowl of I Can't Quit You Chili. I thought they had two bowls of green onions. Instead it was one bowl of green onions and one bowl of fresh jalapeno peppers. I now have more hair on my chest because I put a big dollop of peppers on my chili.
Here is Jim Sikorski with his Rehab No No No Chili.

Here is Jeremy with his Hollywood Chili strategically placed.
Here is Kenny In Montrose (KIM) with DJ Chad. DJ Chad thought Jeremy's chili might win some sort of a prize if he took off his shirt...so he did.
Here is Jeremy showing his...chili.
I needed to leave, go home and walk The Calvinator and get to the next party. On my way out of Joel & Arnold's, I started a campaign for Jeremy to win the Congeniality Award for his chili. I showed everyone his pic on my camera. Samantha from Sex In The City would have so proud of me. I thought I did a great job as his publicist.

I found out later that he did win the Congeniality Award.

I made my way over to Joe & Eric's Party. I missed the opening and the kick-off but oh well. Fun crowd, good food and Elaine pouring adult beverages. Doesn't get better than that!
And just in case you're wondering if I watched the game, the answer is yes. I even took a photo of the game on the flat screen tv!

From Joe & Eric's I went and picked up Steven and we headed over to the BRB for an ERSICSS show. Some friends were performing and it is always fun to see them put on a show.
Ginger Grant & me
ShyAnne & Steven
Sands, Ginger Grant & Weldon
ShyAnne performing
Ginger Grant performing.

So that is a brief review of yesterday afternoon & evening. It was a good distraction. As I've stated before, I'm sorta wishing I was in New Orleans right now. ;-)

6 comments:

J Duarte said...

Awesome, Looks like you had tons of fun yesterday. :-)

I want some chilli too.

Margo said...

How fun! What a great idea with the chili party. Love the host gifts too - very creative!!

Viv said...

What a fun weekend!
I love the idea of chili cookoff for Super Bowl. It is a great way to keep it fun and tasty.
Cute gifts, ur good!

nickabouttown said...

You know...as I was scrolling down, I thought to myself "Jeremy really should take his shirt off"... the *poof*

Best.Post.Ever. :)

Timmy said...

runner in the making: It was fun but I realized this morning why I was tired but didn't sleep well last night. I was sucking on an energy drink last night to keep me going.

margo & viv: I should have entered the chili cook-off. I have a "designer" chili. I'd keep my clothes on though.

fitness nerd: you and I are probably more alike than we realize. thanx for awarding me Best.Post.Ever. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out to the show last night! and thanks so much for that flattering pic of me in the last frame! It looks like I've been eating too many Kaye Sedillas and Cha Lupes!