Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 7.4

I'm in a funky mood today. I'm not really hungover but I know that the adult beverages I consumed at a Christmas Party last night were a bit strong. Oh wait...I mixed the 2nd AND 3rd drinks. It was good to catch up with folks that I hadn't seen in awhile.

Could be that I hadn't eaten a full meal all day yesterday after spinning in the morning. The weather sucked yesterday morning so I figured spinning was better than not running or better than going back to bed. My metabolism was fired up all day yesterday but I was running around doing stuff so I scarfed down a sandwich (with no chips or dessert).

The people at the office were working my nerves this morning. All of these temps that want a cubicle and my extra chair. This one man asked me to move my stuff so that he could have my extra chair. So I moved my stuff. He expected ME to lift the chair over the table. He took the chair and walked off. I yelled out, "You're welcome" because he never said thank you.

Went to LeFittes after being at the office and I think that made me feel worse.

Then I tried to do some Christmas shopping and couldn't get anyone to help me so I left without purchasing anything.

Went to another establishment to get a gift certificate and that was easy. However, while I was there (and I was the only customer in the store) a guy walked in with one arm hidden behind his back. A gun? A knife? Ugh no. It was a long stem rose and a big hug for the guy that was working at the store.

I should have said, "How nice." or "How sweet." Instead, I left and thought Bah Humbug!

In case you can't tell I have stuff bothering me and I don't want to disclose it on this blog. So this mood that I'm in is clouding everything.

I'm going to another party this afternoon. I think I might need a hair of the dog and I know there will be libations there. Then I'll go to 500p Mass and then go to another party for another hair of the dog.

Speaking of dogs...

Yesterday I took The Calvinator to see Santa. What an ordeal.

The good thing about it is that Margo was there and got to meet Calvin.

The bad thing is that we had to wait in line forever and once we got to visit with Santa, Calvin kept running toward the door. He wiggled and squirmed.

I guess he was afraid that Santa was going to ask if he had been naughty or nice and he would have to be honest.


If you look at the photo closely you can see my hand on the right side squishing Calvin into Santa's lap and trying to hold him in place. OY!

tim mARTinez CARDS

1 comment:

Margo said...

It was so great to see you two yesterday!! Wonderful surprise! Calvin is too adorable!