Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 7.1

Sorry for not putting much out here the past few days. I'm still up to my eyeballs in something + everything else that I had planned.

Feel like there is quite a bit to say and not much time to say it. So here goes. In no particular order...

VOTE
If you live in the Houston area, you SHOULD know that there are some run-off elections happening today. You have until 700p to cast your vote.

(On My Soapbox) If you don't vote, you don't have the right to criticize and/or complain about elected officials and policies/ordinances, laws, etc. that get implemented.

My grandparents (maternal & paternal) were immigrants. My paternal grandfather took great pride in his right to vote. And I guess that is where I sorta get my civic duty attitude from. My parents also set the example for my and my siblings. Yes, at the age of 12 they had me walking the streets (double entendre intended) and knocking on doors working on a city council campaign.

You may think your vote doesn't count. Yes it does. Several elections have been decided by the narrowest of margins.

If the people of Venezuela had not exercised their right to vote, Hugo Chavez would have been able to be president as long as he wanted (not that he won't try something else to get his way).

So please, go vote. (Off Of My Soapbox)

Dalton DeHart & Montrose Counseling Center
The event on Thursday night was F-U-N! A good representation of the community all came out to honor Dalton.

What was even more enjoyable was looking through photo albums from a long time ago. He has been taking photos since BD (before digital). All I have to say is that the camera doesn't lie (unless you use PhotoShop).

Project Runway
Well Nina Garcia Fashion Director at Elle Magazine disappointed me and didnt' say "Hola!" :-( Ricky, Ricky, Ricky. Oh my. Once again, your outfit sucked. Good thing for you Chris's outfit was worse. And once again, there were some awful outfits.

Twice in the past week, I have run into Dentist Robert who is also a PR aficionado. We chatted again last night about PR. Knowing how things get edited we were trying to figure out what the real drama is in next week's episode.


Joe & Robert



I actually have a concept for a PR party. Just can't quite figure out how to pull it off and would anyone participate?

Top Chef Holiday Special
Did anybody catch Top Chef this week? It was good to see some of my favorite contestants and some of my not so favorites. Some of the dishes that were prepared were not aesthetically pleasing to my eye so I can imagine that they didn't taste too good.


Ugly Betty
I had to tape Ugly Betty on Thursday and watched it yesterday. I L-O-V-E-D it! The Betty White storyline was flawless! And Daniel was looking kinda hot in his paintball warrior outfit. As much as I like Henry, I think Gio would be good for Betty.

Running
Can't remember when I last posted anything about running. I will tell you that I got out there this morning and did 10 miles. I had to take a few walking breaks but I completed the 10 miles.

I can't believe it was 72 degrees Fahrenheit when I started. I thought it was December 8 and not May 8! OY! And the humidity was high too.

Saw Triathlete Lee. Once again, we complained about our aches and pains. It's hell getting old.

Holiday Parties
Parties are in full swing this time of year. (I'm not bragging) I'm actually losing track of some of the festivities. I have another one to go to tonight. Made two of them last night.

I'm very much a people person and enjoy seeing people and catching up. Many familiar faces but also many new faces.

Titanic
The last communique that I had from the Titanic is "MAN OVERBOARD!" and the deck chairs are being rearranged. The ship is still floating. It was a bit difficult to understand the communique because it sounded like the person was drowning.


Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde
Has anybody been keeping up with the Jocelyn Kirsh & Edward Anderton story? These are the folks who through identity theft traveled the world. CUTE couple! but oh dear. They'll be going away to the pokey for a long time. They look nice in their red swimsuits but I wonder how they look in black & white horizontal stripes?


A Charlie Brown Christmas
One of my all time favorite Christmas specials was on the other night: A Charlie Brown Christmas. This cartoon premiered in 1965.

From what I have read, it was said that it wasn't a viable show. The night it premiered, 50% of the available television sets in the U.S. were tuned in. It was also said that it would never fly because it was too religious (remember Linus quotes from Luke?). Uh...hmmm...isn't the word Christmas?


OK. That's about it for right now. Waiting for somebody to come and look at my old car.

tim mARTinez CARDS

http://timmartinezcards.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Viv said...

I'm with you I like Gio for Betty. I have not seen this week's yet. You are so right with the voting, God Bless the people of Venezuela for not giving Chavez more power. That egomaniac has more power than he deserves..UGH!

Margo said...

I always vote! I remember doing block walking too, especially in college - ugh. I would do a PR party! Loved the Top Chef holiday special!!! That was the Whole Foods I stalked when in Chicago!! Also got a glimpse of the cute butcher! Good job on your 10 miles too!

nickabouttown said...

I am Wilhelmina Slater, and I don't get wet. You're wearing plastic!

As for Project: Runway, the wrong person went home. Chris' may not have been as updated or his line as cohesive, but Ricky bubbled it two weeks a in a row. At least, Chris' outfit was finished!