Monday, December 24, 2007

The Calvinator and I left The Bayou City yesterday afternoon and headed for Cowtown. It was one of the easiest drives we have had to Cowtown in a long time.

30 miles into the drive I started getting sleepy. You see...I didn't sleep well on Saturday evening. I had a good workout at LeFittes on Sunday morning. It all sorta started catching up with me on the drive. Amazing what a Rock Star and a Cherry Limeade from Sonic will do for you.

I have an eclectic selection of music in the cd player: Camp (soundtrack); Patti LaBelle Miss Patti's Christmas; Pet Shop Boys Disco 4; Linda Eder Christmas Stays The Same; Queen Latifah Trav'lin' Light; and Probe 20th Anniversary. I forgot that Camp has three great songs on it: Century Plant; The Ladies Who Lunch and Turkey Lurkey Time. The Calvinator fell asleep listening to Linda Eder and Queen Latifah.

Right now Calvin is looking out the window looking for Santa Claus. In Cowtown his sleigh is pulled by horses.

I'm still doing my observing and evaluating about the family situation. I guess my friends and I are at the age where our parents are aging and are not what they physically used to be.

This morning when I was wrapping some presents I heard a noise outside. I looked and it was an ambulance. One of my parents' neighbors was taken to the hospital. I found out today that another friend's mother is in the hospital. She had a double amputation and then had some kidney problems and she isn't doing too good.

I did get to see my Godparents at their restaurant. Nothing like homemade tamales. :-) And tonight we will be having some of my homemade lasagna. Andre, if you are reading this, it is my Americanized version of the dish. I'll come to Torino one day to get the real stuff.

4 comments:

mjr1066 said...

Tim,

I know your dilemma all too well. The one thing you must remember (even in the times when they get on your last nerve--and they will) is they will only be around for so long and you need to cherish each moment and make every memory you can. (I recall one time when one your former colleages asked about my mother and I said she was driving me up the wall. The colleague who'd lost her mother stated that at least she was here to drive me up the wall. I never forgot that and did my best to make the most of each day--even when we were driving each other nuts.) I would give anything to have one more day with mom.

Have a wonderful time in Cowtown (wish I were there--cause I love Sundance Square and the Stockyards at Christmas--and eat some Riscky's bbq for me).

Love to you and Joe and Helen,
Merry

ANDRE said...

I AM reading this right now, and I can tell you that the only lasagna you should eat is my dad's. It's gonna be the main course of our xmas lunch tomorrow afternoon.

I'll ask him for the recipe so I'll be able to cook it for you one year from now!

Merry xmas!

Timmy said...

My: You are correct. I'm more concerned about my dad running out of nerves. :-) BTW...I was telling Roni about your Christmas card and the envelope. We want to know where you got the envelopes.

Andre: Sounds yummy! Tell you dad to set an extra place at the table for me. :-)

mjr1066 said...

Tim,
I actually bummed these envelopes off my Close to My Heart consultant-Joey (rubber stamps, etc). I've picked them up before at Container Store of all places but I think Joey orders them in mass quantities from clearbags.com (I missed out on getting in on her last big order). I feel honored that you would take my card to share with the family. Send Roni my best.

Merry