Thursday, December 27, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

I received an e-mail from runnerOne asking if I wanted to run this morning at 715A. I gave an affirmative reply and asked for a track workout. He replied back that I better be careful what I wish for. A subsequent e-mail requested my presence at 630A.

So this morning at 630A I was at Memorial Park. It was dark. It was 37 degrees Fahrenheit.

So here's what we did. We did an 800m sprint and then walked 100m. This was followed by an 700m sprint and a 100m walk. Then it was a 600m sprint and a 100m walk.

At this point he decided to increase the pace. We worked our way down from a 500m sprint + 100m walk down to a 100m sprint + 100m walk. At about the 500m sprint I was sorta wishing I hadn't asked for a track workout.

The deal with a track workout like this is that even though they're tough, I always have a sense of accomplishment when I'm finished. It's been awhile since he has found my breaking point.

There was one morning several years ago when we were doing 400m sprints and he kept increasing the pace and I kept up with him until at one point I thought I was going to fall down. He found my breaking point and we stopped.

BTW...the name of this morning's workout is Pain Is Your Friend. I think he makes up names to try and scare me.

No comments: