Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day Of The Year Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind

The weather was too nice not to go running today. I made my way to the park for 3 mile run. It was bordering on being a bit too warm for a run. It was 68 degrees Fahrenheit and not a cloud in the sky. Is it really December?

More Running Advice
So while I was running, I thought of a few more things to tell you about running. Things I have learned. And just to keep things status quo, more beefcake for inspiration.

1. Be sure to purchase the correct shoe. There are different styles of running shoes. A specialty running store can help you determine the best shoe for your foot. If you are in the Houston area, I recommend Luke's, Finish Strong Sports, Tri On The Run and Fleet Feet...just to name a few. Speaking from experience, running in the wrong shoe can cause an injury (i.e. me and my stress fracture in 1998).
2. If you see a person walking and they are swinging their arms, pass with caution. Twice this year I was almost hit below the belt (which would have put a temporary end to my run). Another time, a lady was swinging so wide, her hand got caught in the earphone cord to my iPod (which I should have run through my shirt to cut down on the slack), and she yanked the earphones off of my head.


3. If you are going to pass someone, don't pass them and then cut them off causing them to come to a complete standstill or to trip on you. Give yourself enough distance between and the person you passed. Don't pull a Zola Budd & Mary Decker.



4. Try out different energy bars. I prefer Clif but others prefer Power Bar. Based on experience, Gu upsets my stomach. What works for your running buddy may not work for you.
5. Have fun.



Another song for you
I thought about putting Barry Manilow's It's Just Another New Years Eve out here for you. It's one of those songs that I sorta like but don't sorta like. It ranks up there with The Carpenters Rainy Days & Mondays.

I then remembered The Perfect Year from Sunset Boulevard. There were several renditions to select from and I chose Elaine Paige. Enjoy!

The Blog
I started this blog in June to give folks an avenue to keep up with me. I'm still trying to figure out what path I want to take with this blog. It is quite a cornucopia of information. Some of it is useful, some of it isn't. I think most of it is entertaining.

By choice, I self-censor myself. I've never wanted this to be a political soapbox but with the '08 election on the horizon don't be surprised if at some point it takes a political slant.

There have also been some things that have happened in my personal life that I would like to put out here but in order for me to do that I would have to slam a few people. And as I've mentioned before, what goes around comes around. Plus, I don't want to end up getting sued for libel. (My minor was in advertising/public relations and I got a grade of A in the Law & Ethics course.)

Back in August I put a counter on the blog. In November when I was moving stuff around, I accidentally deleted the counter. It was just over 2,300 hits. Not bad for August to November. Since November 7 and through yesterday I have had another 1,581 hits. Not sure that I'll ever reach the number of hits like London Preppy, Aussielicious, Towleroad, Oh La La, Isiah Carey's Insite or Perez Hilton...but then you just never know do you?

I've had visitors from at least 41 countries. The origin of some visitors cannot be determined. I haven't had readers from all 50 states but I'm only about 10 states away from reaching full coverage. (I do think that it is kind of odd that every state in the South is represented with the exception of Mississippi.

To all of my readers, thank you for checking me out from time to time. I always appreciate your feedback whether it is in the comments section, via e-mail or over a cocktail at a party.

To The Blogger Formerly Known As LoneStar Steve, thanks for the inspiration. Come back to blogosphere LoneStar Steve, LoneStar Steve!

To Aussielicious, The Guy Who, London Preppy, Fitness Nerd, Brechi Reborn, Running My Mass Off, I'm Not Fit To Run, Cooper Lowenthal, Kenneth In The 212, Running For Gold, Life's Highway, About A Boy And His Briefs, Idle Random Thoughts, Red Bricks, NoFo, Large Tony, Towleroad, Oh La La and every blog I have read...thanx for keeping me entertained, informed and inspired.

Whatever you do to ring in the new year be safe. Here's to a wonderful 2008! God bless us everyone! -Tiny Tim

No comments: