Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 7.3

I'll Drink To That!
AttyHou sent this to me and commented, "I understand his dilemma."

From the AP:
Man chugs liter of vodka in airport security line
New liquid quantity rules prompt man's decision to drink entire bottle

BERLIN - A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.

The incident occurred at the Nuremberg airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt.

New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.

Instead, he chugged the bottle down — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.

A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a Nuremberg clinic for treatment.

The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to complete his journey home in a few days.

I had a picture of some vodka bottles that I was going to use but then I remembered that I had this pic and thought it was much more pleasing to the eye.

Did Somebody Say Speedo?

If you're in Boston this weekend, don your holiday Speedo and run the Santa Speedo Run. It is a short run. Only 1.25 miles but I would guess that it might be a bit frigid in Boston this weekend so considering the temperature and shrinkage factors, 1.25 miles is probably a good idea.



Here's the schedule:
10:00 am–12:45 pm Registration and libations
12:45 pm–1:00 pm Strip down and file out to the street
1:00 pm–1:30 pm Run
1:30 pm– Party, raffle, and giveaways



What to wear:
Obviously, a Speedo-like bathing suit is required. Holiday colors are preferred
Sneakers
Santa hat, beard and other holiday flair at your discretion
A bag to put your clothes in while running

Why:
The run benefits a local charity in Boston. Each runner is asked to raise $250.

More info, click here.

To view more photos from the 2006 Santa Speedo Run, click here.

I myself will be staying in Houston this weekend and wondering what kind of weather we'll be having for my Saturday morning run; a Speedo or a parka, decisions.


(photos are from Nicole Connolly and Sandra Mallalieu)


Christmas Gift Idea
So yesterday I was reading Fitness Nerd's blog and I cackled no, it wasn't an LOL it was a cackle when I saw this:



It is a Man Mitt.

From the website:
This is a hand knitted seamless male undergarment accessory created for comfort and warmth.

The crocheted tie makes this piece adjustable for a comfortable fit.

This Man Mitt is made with very soft chunky yarn (100% acrylic) for comfort and easy care. (Machine wash and dry).

It features two tiny bells attached to the tie. Ring-a-ding-a-ding! Jingle all the way!

Whether it's for function or fun (it makes a great gag gift)this is definitely a unique gift giving idea for him. It's warm and cozy and quite the conversation piece.

And of course if you're looking for something different for her it also makes a handy dandy little coin purse with side cell phone pocket.

Now, don't get your hopes up too high. They're sold out of this item. Maybe next year.



tim mARTinez CARDS

http://timmartinezcards.blogspot.com

3 comments:

mjr1066 said...

The Man Mitt goes perfectly with comments that have been flying around the office lately.....

Viv said...

OMG, that man mit is too funny. Thanks for the link on my blog, now I am singing Mama Mia, here I go again..my, my...
Trust me this fly be the seat of my pants Paris ttip is not a noral occurence :-O

Viv said...

PS totally watching that movie too with Sex & The city, blockbuster summer movies for me...