Sunday, December 30, 2007

and yet, another running post

Here is some additional advice (and inspiration...the beefcake) for people who will take up running as part of their new year's resolution.

This advice comes from DEVELOP YOUR RUNNING STRATEGY: How to apply time-tested running rules to your own training by Dagny Scott-Barrios. An explanation of each point can be found at Runners World magazine.

1. Do the minimal training needed for optimal results


2. Be consistent


3. Balance hard efforts with rest
4. Expect peaks and plateaus
5. Practice patience


In other news...

The headache stayed with me for the better part of Saturday. AttyHou, Everyday Italian and I went to a post-Christmas party last night. The party season is in full swing and will continue until Ash Wednesday (Feb. 6, 2008).

I did make it to the gym this morning. Mr. Popular was there. I've never written about Mr. Popular. Mr. Popular is very nice looking, young, great smile and knows everybody. Greets everybody with a handshake, hug and/or kiss.

Today Mr. Popular was acting a bit odd. You see, we were the area with the treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, etc. We both had on our iPods but he was getting way into his music. Eyes shut. Lips moving. Head swinging back and forth. It was a bit distracting and yet I had to stare.

The weather is awesome here in The Bayou City. Probably low 60s and not a cloud in the sky. I'm outside right now while The Calvinator is running around the yard. He can't be left unsupervised because he has a nasty habit of squeezing through AttyHou's fence and getting stuck in the azaleas.
EDIT: While I was blogging I lost track of Calvin's whereabouts. I heard the azaleas rustle. I saw a squirrel scamper up AttyHou's tree. I saw Calvin try to climb the tree! So I had to get the key to the gate but this time he figured out how to get out of the azaleas and was running around AttyHou's yard. UGH!

It will be off to church for the 500p Mass, get The Calvinator walked and then time for The Amazing Race! I missed it last week but Joe & Eric told me that the Goth couple came in last but didn't get eliminated. Can't wait to see what happens tonight1!!!

PS The second photo is of London Preppy. If only I had his discipline! ...and his looks.
EDIT: London Preppy has a new version of the photo on his blog. I need to learn how to use PhotoShop and enhance my image.

2 comments:

Viv said...

That Calvinator i something else, but is such a cutie!

Margo said...

I was screaming at the Goths for their stupid move!!!