Saturday, December 22, 2007

The day you knew would arrive is here

Yesterday I met up with Margo late in the afternoon. She was at an establishment that serves adult beverages so I joined her and some of her chums for a couple of beverages. When I got home, I took The Calvinator out for a walk. I didn't have my phone with me so three hours later I noticed my sister had called and left a quasi-urgent message.

I called her back and let's just say I'm gonna have some family stuff to deal with when I go and visit.

The title for this post is from Hello & Goodbye from Evita. There is a day that I have been dreading and it arrived yesterday. I've seen it on the horizon.


What's difficult is that I am 270 miles from my family which I guess isn't that far. However, it's difficult for me to put things in perspective and realize that after my visit for the holidays, my brother and sister will be the ones to deal with this situation on a daily basis. I can't blow into town and tell everybody this is what needs to be done and then leave.

I didn't sleep well last night. I'm sorta not looking forward to going home for the holidays.

In other news...

This weather is freaky. I ran 10 miles this morning in high humidity and then it rained so I stopped after 10 miles. Now it is getting cold outside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim...my mind went a thousand places with your post.

Please know that you and your family will be in my prayers (of course this brings a Steel Magnolias reference...snakes/first visit:)

Please call if you need anything.

"Tommy" said...

Tim

I can fully understand your position that you are in at the present time. My brother dealt with the matter of my mother, while my sister and I were off some where in the world.

Hope you can make the Holidays count in a good way this year.

tommy

Margo said...

Your family stuff sounds like my family stuff. That sucks! Hope everything gets better!!