Tuesday, December 18, 2007

1984 flashback

Back in 1984 just as Christmas was approaching Band Aid released Do They Know It's Christmas? Various musical artists donated their talents to this song. The goal was to bring awareness to the famine problem in Africa.

There is one line from the song that still haunts me: "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you." How many times have you thought, "There but for the grace of God go I." I guess that is why the line from the song haunts me.

Watch the video and see how many of the artists you can identify. The answer is in the link after the video.






Don't you just love the hairstyles? For a list of performers, click here.

What I didn't realize is that in 2004 Band AID 20 released a new version of the song. The focus once again was on Africa but this time it was about the crisis in Darfur.


Were you able to name the Band Aid 20 performers? If not, click here.

No comments: