Monday, August 4, 2008

TS Edouard Part II


So late last night I finally heard someone pronounce the name and it is edWAAARD. Who knew?

It actually sounds a bit pretentious or like some meaux who grew up in Cut 'n Shoot, TX, was named Edward by his family, moved to New York and changed the spelling and pronunciation just to become someone that he's not. Just sayin'.

I look at the spelling and my mind doesn't know what to do with it because my Mexican eyes want to transpose letters and spell Eduardo.

So back in May when everyone on the telly was saying get ready for Hurricane Season I didn't because we don't get storms in our neck of the woods until August. So here it is August 4. Ooops!

I have a stash of vodka, wine and mixers BUT I do need some canned food, etc. just in case we lose power. The Calvinator has plenty of food and treats. THAT is a given.

Right now, Galveston/Houston is scheduled for a direct hit. That means lots of rain and high winds tomorrow. However, as those of us who live in hurricane zones know, this thing could change directions at the last minute.

8 comments:

David Dust said...

And exactly WHAT is wrong with moving to New York and pretending to be fancy!??!?? Just asking...

XOXOXO

DavidDust
Originally from Central PA
"Fancy" resident of NYC since 1992

:)

Timmy said...

David Dust: LOL LOL LOL OK...now that I stopped laughing I must ask. Did you change the pronunciation of your name when you moved? daVEED maybe? LOL

David Dust said...

Timmy -

That's a good idea! The Papis who work in my restaurant already call me "Daveed" - I'll have to work on this...

XOXOXOXO

mjr1066 said...

Vodka?? Can I come over????

Anonymous said...

Okay- in Houston we know we are pretty much far enough inland to be safe- especially in NoRo and the Heights. About the only thing a hurricane is good for is a free day off from work and an excuse for a party. So far I still have to work, but if it gets too yucky I can always call in with an "emergency". Then we can break out the vodka and have a real HURRICANE PARTY!! KLinda reminds me of a birthday party I once attended!

Anonymous said...

if you have a hurricane party, can i come? Guava? JR's?

SunWolf said...

See, that's what's so good about Houston! That's what I miss...that Houston spirit. When the weather gives you hurricanes, you make vodka tonics!

Stay safe, Timmy!

Timmy said...

Someone on another blog said that Edouard sounds like a naughty pool boi. LOL