Friday, August 1, 2008

OY! Someone is going to get stabbed with a dirty fork!

It all started when David Dust sent out a message this morning saying that he couldn't access his blog. He had received a message from Blogger saying that he was under review for being Spam. Now, from what I know about David he ain't a can of Spam.

Anywho. Tonight I thought I would check in with Am Not Blog and London Preppy and I got messages that Internet Explorer couldn't load the website and it was aborting the operation. WTF? So then I scurried over to I'm Not Fit To Run and got the same message.

I COULD access some other blogs and I could access FaceBook and other websites. So then I thought:

1) somehow you screwed up your security settings;
2) the Chinese blocked your internet access while they were setting up firewalls pre-Olympics;
3) it is Comcast's fault;
4) your computer is on the blink.

Being the inquisitive person that I am, I downloaded Firefox and guess what? I had access to London Preppy, I'm Not Fit To Run and Am Not Blog.

So then I went to a help site on Blogger and gazillions of people are having IE problems. Also, Blogger has admitted that they made a mistake and blocked people that are not spam and they're trying to fix the problem.

I hope David Dust reads this before he kills someone with a dirty fork.

So now that I have spent over 2 hours trying to figure out WTF is wrong, I have some answers and I'm going to bed. The Calvinator passed out awhile ago.

P.S. Speaking of FaceBook, if you're on FaceBook and want to be my friend, let me know. :-)

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Darling:

The Great Blogger Lockout of 2008 has been resolved and our long national nightmare is over.

And I didn't have to stab anyone in the neck with a dirty fork. Maybe next time.

XOXOXO

P.S. - I think "David Dust" is on facebook - if you find me, friend me!

Viv said...

HAHAHAH me too! I finally had a minute to catch up with blogs and nada!