Sunday, August 31, 2008

Save A Prayer For The Morning After



Folks. Here's the deal. This is serious. I'm not talking about serious for us Houstonians and this about me playing the role of Chicken Little or buying into media hype. I'm talking about this being serious for the people of New Orleans, southwest Louisiana and east Texas.

If you look at these pics and you see the projected path and you don't know anything about hurricanes, you may think there is nothing to worry about. However, here's the deal.

The worst place to be during a hurricane is on the east side of the storm aka the dirty side of the storm. During Katrina, New Orleans was on the clean side of the storm and you saw the damage that was created.

The last thing that I heard is that this storm is 400 miles wide. If it continues on it's path, New Orleans may see worse damage than it did during Katrina.

And it's just not about New Orleans. Southwestern Louisiana is going to take the brunt of this storm. This includes New Iberia and Lafayette. While this area is not as populous as New Orleans, there are people who will suffer a great loss.

If you believe in prayer, keep the people of Louisiana and East Texas in your prayers. If you're not a praying person, please send positive thoughts to these people to give them strength to deal with whatever lies ahead for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors to the east (LA & TX).

when someone talks about praying, I am reminded of the scene in Steel Magnolias...Shirley McLanes's character says to Annelle, "yes, Annelle I pray. there I said it" and Annelle replies "I have always suspected so...and you know the rest:)

Anonymous said...

Isn't this the title to a Duran Duran song?