Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Waiting For Gustav(o)


Once again, I find myself sitting here wondering if I should be waiting for Godot Gustav. After Edouard pissed barely rained on us I started eating my hurricane supplies. I should know better. You see...


As you can see, all is quiet on the western front (right now).

September 10 is my birthday the height of hurricane season so we are creeping toward that date. Not that we will be out of the woods after September 10. Afterall, Hurricane Rita came ashore later in the month in 2005.


It is still a bit too early to tell if Gustav will come to Houston, New Orleans, Biloxi or Pensacola. It is not very Christian to wish that a hurricane hits some other town but geez, I really don't want to deal with high winds, flooding and power outages. Besides, I start my new job on Tuesday and evacuating town on your first day of work isn't a good way to start at a new place of employment.


This is Gustavo. Not sure where I found this picture. I'm sure many people would welcome him to their town and would be happy to wait for him.

8 comments:

David Dust said...

Now THAT is the Gustav I'd like to see in New Orleans!!

Psssst... between you and me ... let's pray this bitch hits Pensacola ... keep it to yourself ... :)

XOXOXOXOXO

Viv said...

Tell gustav to bring it baby only in his Calvins of course...

I hope this bad boy takes a turn.

Anonymous said...

I am highly disappointed in you Timmy!!! Buying into this holy crap lets freak out about a hurricane thats 1400 miles away and probably wont hit us!!

God HOW I HATE THE MEDIA!!

Timmy said...

anonymous: you obviously don't get my twisted sense of humor. please go back and look at my posts about Edouard. and look at the satellite photo of nothing near us. and look at the huge cone of uncertainty that I put out there. and I would definitely welcome Gustav(o) at any time.

Anonymous said...

Gustav es muy caliente! He makes me wet.

"Tommy" said...

If Gustav should head your way..make sure you get out of town sooner than later...remember back a few years ago..you H Town folks were all stuck on the roads heading out of town.

btw...let Gustav go to northern ga...they need the rain.

Anonymous said...

My sister was also born on Sept. 10th, but during Carla. So September hurricanes are what I always expect in Houston.

Rick said...

I think I could handle him wreaking havoc with my life for a few days.
Damn that sounds like my luck starting a new job when they threaten us with this crap. I think Frank Billingsley? should have to sit on his "cone of uncertainty"?