Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Writer's Block

Writer's block is a phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity. -from Wikipedia

I feel like I'm stumped. This has happened before and I know I'll get through it. Have several things I could write about but it would just be filler. For instance:

  • I think the iPod nano is officially dead! It started giving my problems on Thursday and I nursed it back to health but after Saturday's 6 mile run it stopped working. I've restored it and I have done everything that the Help Manual tells me to and I can't get it to work. I'm very sad about this because I really don't need to spend $$ on a new one.
  • Hurricane Gustav could be on a western track to the Gulf; too early to tell. And what's with the name Gustav? What meaux picked the male names for the 2008 Hurricane Season?
  • I have been having some wild dreams. Odd things like: wearing a blue Speedo with brown cowboy boots; visiting with one of my high school Spanish teachers; getting caught in a warehouse that was like a maze. I actually wake up tired.
  • Did you know that the guy who wrote 100 Things To Do Before You Die has died at the age of 47? I wonder if he did his 100 things? I have never made a list of 100 things but I do know that I have done some things on my unwritten list.
  • The approaching 3rd Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina hitting the Gulf Coast.
  • Wishing that I was going to New Orleans this weekend.
  • The Beer Can House in my neighborhood.
  • Getting caught in a situation that could only happen to Lucy Ricardo on I Love Lucy.
  • The Democrat National Convention in Denver and how I'm already bored.

Anywho...I have things to do today. Maybe something will inspire me. Calvin is passed out right now. I think he is nocturnal. He seems to come to life at night.

Need to scoot.

4 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

I'm blocked, too! I have stuff to write about I'm just sort of blah about it.

Viv said...

The storm who knows but I am sure the news media will be trying to redeem after that "edwaurd" or however you speel it. That is sad about the 100 things to do before you die, died at 47...hope he got most of his list done, pobrecito

SunWolf said...

Blue speedo and waking up tired.

Does that mean you are pursuing the Phelps physique even in your sleep? That's real dedication!

Anonymous said...

RIP Timmys ipod.