Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blame It On The Sinus Medication

So the next time I call you a b!tch or a b#stard or some other endearing term, please know that I'm taking Sudafed. Yes. I know you're confused. Let me 'splain.

The other day, I gave my summation of a trial that is occurring here in H-town. Vicki Osteen, wife of Joel Osteen, is being sued for 10% of her net worth over an incident that occurred three years ago on a Continental flight.

Sharon Brown says that due to the incident, she lost her faith and she now has hemorrhoids. She also wanted Vicki Osteen to get in the pulpit and do a public apology.

Now, let me say something. I'm sure Vicki ain't no saint. I know I'm not and I don't expect others to be one. I too have my moments and I have had my moments in the First Class cabin. I'm sure something happened but I'm still perplexed as to how this has ended up in a civil trial.

OK. So yesterday, Sharon Brown is being questioned by defense attorney Rusty Hardin. Rusty points out to Sharon that in a deposition she called Lakewood Church "...a cult-based church, and described Victoria and Joel Osteen as the devil".

Sharon says that when she made the statement she was on sinus medication and regrets making the statement. To read the full story, click here.

This brings up several questions for me:
1. Was Sharon on medication the day of the incident and maybe doesn't remember things the way they happened?
2. OK. She made a mistake by saying that about Lakewood Church and the Osteens just like I'm sure Vicki regrets having a run in with her on the flight. Can the Osteens now sue her for slander?
3. The next time I do say something that someone doesn't like can I:
a) Blame It On The Boogie;
b) Blame It On The Rain;
c) Blame it on the vodka;
d) Blame it on the sinus medication;
e) Blame it on lack of sleep;
f) or Blame it on the air quality in Beijing?

Just askin'

6 comments:

David Dust said...

I ALWAYS blame it on the boogie...

XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Kaye Sedilla would blame it on her inept staff. That's what I always do!

Margo said...

Blame it on global warming.

AnnaBanana said...

LOVED that her final witness said there was no altercation! What a way to end! The case should have been dismissed then.

I wanted to hear a doctor explain how getting elbowed in the boob can give her hemorrhoids.

Viv said...

It was outta control... I agree on it should not have gone to a lawsuit. She aint no sait...hahah but I doubt cult. geez! Just how does Joel get his hair to be so cute, curly, and shiny LOL!

A Girl From Texas said...

I think Sharon's motives are quite obvious from the get go.