Monday, August 11, 2008

A Big High Five!

I'm a bit late in sending out my congratulations to the U.S. Swim Team that won a gold medal last night.

Full disclosure: I REALLY was going to watch it but I fell asleep around 10:00p.m. CDT or so and missed it. So I had to stream it this morning.

Anywho. That was an excellent team effort in the Men's 4x100m Free Relay. However, there were two other factors that contributed to the excitement.

Michael Phelps won his second gold medal and is marching on to his goal of 8 gold medals. Go Michael Phelps!

Prior to the event, the French team was boasting and bragging that they were going to win. They were quite capable but when it was all said and done they didn't win. And they lost by a fraction of a second.

Uh...ya shoulda kept your mouth shut! Just sayin'

4 comments:

SunWolf said...

Well said!

Viv said...

Yea Phelps and all them were screaming something to respond to all their talk but I forget. Geez it was almost midnight I was tired. But, Phelps went over there and gave the French dude a little noggin on the head like sorry bud good try kinda thing.

I am telling you I am a zombie from all this late night Olympic swimming. Ijust can't sleep knowing it is on.

Angel said...

I gotta tell ya....I love it when someone is talkin shit and then we come in and KICK. THEIR. ASS!!!! it feels SOOOO good!

and that race was one to watch! It was fabulous!

Anonymous said...

USA USA USA...