Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 15.1

Project Runway
Last night's challenge was to create a design for drag queen. Some of the contestants did a wonderful job and went over the top and a few fell flat on their face.

Surprisingly, Str8 Joe won the challenge! He had some strong competition from Terri and Korto. And I must ask, "Why didn't one of the fags end up in the top three?" Instead they were the bottom (three) and Blayne should have been with them. Just sayin'.

Once again, there were some funny lines last night. This one was actually a compliment. It's not verbatim and I can't remember who said it: "It looks like the love child from Mahogany and Gene Simmons."

The other one (not verbatim) that made me cackle was a comment that RuPaul said to Keith, "And the dingo ate your baby. All I'm hearing is excuses."

For a recap (because I can't compete with these two and wouldn't even DARE to try), check in with LoneStar Steve and David Dust.

Olympic Fever
There are just too many events to cover and too many accolades to give. However, I would like to blame Misty May-Treanor & Kerri Walsh for making me get to bed late last night. You see...

I have ALWAYS loved volleyball. I've had my moments on the court but I actually like watching it more than I enjoy playing it. Whether it's men's volleyball or women's volleyball, indoor or beach, I *heart* volleyball.

So last night after America's Greatest Dog, Project Runway and Shear Genius I flipped channels over to the Olympics only to realize that it was the gold medal match for Women's Beach Volleyball and it was live! It was also pouring down rain in Beijing but the game was going to happen one way or the other.


It was EXCITING! Misty May-Treanor & Kerri Walsh defended their gold medal from 2004 Athens and racked up consecutive win #108. You geaux girls!

By the time it was over, my adrenaline was pumping. The Calvinator went to bed without me and even came back to the living room to see if I was ready to go to bed. I couldn't sleep I was so excited.

Weird Things
Do you ever catch yourself doing something weird?

I've noticed that recently I've been pinching my waist to see if I have a muffin top. I notice it when I'm at the gym, running or at the grocery store. I'm sure I do it others time during the day. Weird isn't it?

Have You Ever...
seen a nice butt and want to walk up and grab it? Just askin'.

Rain
OK. So we go from near drought levels to having the wettest month of the year and the month isn't over yet. I know I shouldn't complain but it is causing me to have to run on the treadmill and I hate running on a treadmill. So to add to my misery I do inclines and I hate running inclines!

With all of this rain, don't worry, I haven't left my cake out because I'll never have that recipe again.

World AIDS Day Houston 2008 (Dec. 1)
Plans are underway for a week long commemoration of World AIDS Day. As soon as we get definite details for the events, we will have them posted on the website.

I'm really impressed with the cooperation and involvement of so many people. It's a good group of people working for a good cause.

1111111111


OK bois and gurls, that's about it for today. Tomorrow I'll give you details about Ivana Trump coming to Houston for a Legacy event.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew....Ivana, RuPaul, Drag Queens, Olympics all in one post. Props to you on content! PR was the best. btw, what does "editor at large" mean when they introduce Nina Garcia?

Timmy said...

It means that after they fired her from Elle Magazine they realized they wouldn't get any free publicity from her stint on Project Runway. LOL

I wonder if she even has to show up to work at Elle?

John Gascot said...

Your Project Runway recap was short and sweet and just right. I liked it, as well as your other "ramblings"!

:-)

Viv said...

That PR when sandra said the dingo ate your baby...LMAO!

OK I pinch the bottom of my nose to see what it would look like thinner.

Viv said...

OH and it wasnt sandra got pr confusion rupaul how could i forget..geez