Saturday, August 9, 2008

About Last Night 1.1

Last night was the Opening Ceremony for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, China. As mentioned in a previous post, Krewe of Olympus-Texas had a party.

I was working the bar and working the crowd most of the evening so I didn't see much of the ceremony. I'll watch it later.

And later, I will post pictures from the party.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. So. It's toward the end of the party and I'm talking to a couple of guests and all of sudden someone comes up behind me and hits me, yes...hits me on the back of the head.

I turned around only to discover it is someone I don't know. So I'm thinking, "WTF?"

So the guy says, "You had a bug on your head and I wanted to get it off of you before it went anywhere else."

OK. I don't see a bug anywhere.

Then he hits my left shoulder while I'm still trying to digest all of this and thank goodness I had consumed a few cocktails because now I'm laughing.

So then he says, "Look!" as he points to the floor and sure enough there was some sort of a bug.

I'm still laughing about it because I can only imagine what my face may have looked like when I got hit on the back of my head.

So here it is around 8:40 a.m. CDT or so and I haven't had my fix for the day. The Calvinator and I slept in and didn't get up until 7:30 a.m. CDT or so.

Last night's party was over around 10:00 p.m. CDT or so and let's just say, I didn't home until 1:00 a.m. CDT or so. ;-)

P.S. Don't forget to check back later today or tomorrow for the pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, what happened between 10pm and 1am? or is that fit for print:)
will you be at the office on Monday? I want to buy my raffle tickets.

David Dust said...

You filthy, dirty, bug-infested TROLLOP!!!! :)

I am only interested in seeing the pics taken between 10pm and 1:00am. You have my email address...

XOXOXOXO