Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Year In Review (according to the nano)

On December 30, 2006 I was iJacked...sort of. I left my iPod nano at LeFittes and when I went back to find it it was gone. So on December 31, 2006 I was the first person to enter the door at the Apple Store in The Galleria. That is when I purchased the red iPod nano.

So it has been a year since I have had the red one and I thought it would be cool to gather some data from the nano and see what played over the past year. I'm sure it will tell something about me...and 2007. If you're bored, you can analyze it and offer me your analysis. If anything, you will decipher that I have eclectic tastes.

Top 25 Most Played Songs
  • 1. Midnight -Robin S. -88 plays
  • 2. Flawless (Go To The City) -George Michael -72 plays
  • 3. U + UR Hand (explicit) -Pink -67 plays
  • 4. River Deep, Mountain High -Celine Dion -62 plays
  • 5. (tie) Irreplaceable (Irreemplazable) (Nortena Mix) -Beyonce -56 plays
  • 5. (tie) Candyman -Christina Aguilera -56 plays
  • 5. (tie) What's Up? -4 Non Blondes -56 plays
  • 8. (I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden -Martina McBride -49 plays
  • 9. (tie) Who Says You Can't Go Home -Bon Jovi with Jennifer Nettles -47 plays
  • 9. (tie) Sunny -Boney M. -47 plays
  • 11. One Day In Your Life -Anastasia -45 plays
  • 12. The Sodom & Gomorrah Show -Pet Shop Boys -44 plays
  • 13. Gloria -Laura Branigan -43 plays
  • 14. (tie) Proud (Peter PrestaQAF V Mix) -Heather Small -42 plays
  • 14. (tie) The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia -Reba McEntire -42 plays
  • 16. The Ladies Who Lunch -Elaine Stritch -40 plays
  • 17. Pavement Cracks -Annie Lennox -37 plays
  • 18. (tie) 1, 2 Step (Don Candiani Reggaeton Mix) -Ciara & Missy Elliott -36 plays
  • 18. (tie) If My Friends Could See Me Now -Linda Clifford -36 plays
  • 20. (tie) I Love You -Donna Summer -35 plays
  • 20. (tie) I Beg Your Pardon (12" Mix) -Kon Kan -35 plays
  • 22. (tie) Before He Cheats -Carrie Underwood -34 plays
  • 22. (tie) A Public Affair -Jessica Simpson -34 plays
  • 24. Proud Mary -Tina Turner -33 plays
  • 25. Suspicious Minds -Elvis Presley -32 plays

So I noticed a few things.
1. No Madonna???? I Love New York had 29 plays.
2. Where is Being Boring by Pet Shop Boys? 15 (combined)plays
3. Pet Shop Boys West End Girls? 20 (combined) plays
4. Shut Up & Drive by Rihanna? 19 plays
5. What would have been the next 10?
  • 26. One by Mary J. Blige & U2 with 31 plays
  • 27. Big Time by Linda Eder with 30 plays
  • 28. (tie) Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake with 29 plays
  • 28. (tie) Sexual Revolution by Leah Howard with 29 plays
  • 28. (tie) I Love New York by Madonna with 29 plays
  • 31. (tie) Pretty Vegas by INXS with 28 plays
  • 31. (tie) Wonderwall by Oasis with 28 plays
  • 31. (tie) Drops Of Jupiter by Train with 28 plays
  • 34. Heaven's What I Feel (Love To Infinity's Classic Radio Mix) by Gloria Estefan with 27 plays
  • 35. (tie) Rehab by Amy Winehouse with 26 plays
  • 35. (tie) Breathe (2AM) by Anna Nalick with 26 plays
  • 35. (tie) Vertigo by U2 with 26 plays

6 comments:

Viv said...

Great variety that is for sure. My playlist always looks like 3 different people picked their favorites and combined it to one playlist :)

Anonymous said...

timmy :: great seeing you last night. i do miss blogging. and hey, where does rihanna's umbrella fall into your list?? -- love&luck, lonestarsteve

Timmy said...

LoneStar Steve: On the way back to NoRO last night, my friends and I were talking about how hot you were looking last night. To answer your question (and it was the same question I had but just hadn't researched it), Rihanna's Umbrella came in with a combined 50 plays! I have different remixes so the nano doesn't know to combine all of them when I do my tally.

nickabouttown said...

Well, I guess you don't have to worry about your gay card being revoked like I do! :)

Anonymous said...

No SHOWTUNES????? No LINDA EDER????? Who has hijacked this blog??????

Timmy said...

Ginger: A couple of things for you...1) The Ladies Who Lunch is a showtune; 2) Linda Eder's Big Time came in at #27; and 3) I listen to the iPod nano when I'm usually running or working out so most showtunes are not conducive to my workouts and running. However, the cd player in The Cal Mobile is another story. ;-)