Friday, August 31, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 3.8

I have an uncanny ability to hear thunderstorms approaching while I am asleep. It's not like radar or anything. I think it has to do with having a dog that needs and likes to be walked and trying to time the walk with approaching rain.

I had a really good workout last night at LeFittes and I was sound asleep in the wee hours of the morning when I heard thunder off in the distance. I looked at my watch and it was 411A but I couldn't figure out how far away the storm was, was it coming from the Gulf, from the west or from the north and was it really going to rain on NoRO?

I called for The Calvinator and he jumped on the bed with me and waited. Sure enough it happened. The storm came in from the north with a belly full of rain and the accompanying thunder and lightning. Believe it or not, Calvin stayed with me through the storm. Normally he just lays there, gets his tummy rubbed and then leaves.

Knowing that the ground would be soaked I made sure NOT to wear the soccer sandals for our morning stroll. I think the reason I lost my footing yesterday is because there isn't much to hold your foot in place with the soccer sandals. So I got my Keens and off we went. An uneventful walk this morning.


Me wearing the Keen shoes. It took several shots to get a good photo. It's difficult to take a picture of your feet and not have them look like they belong on an oversized Mickey Mouse.



Got back to the house and turned on the telly and remembered BBC was carrying live coverage of Princess Di's Memorial Service. I only watched the exit processional. I'm not going to post much about Di. I've already done a post about where I was the day that she died.





I still find it hard to believe that we were the same age. I think that is the underlying thought that I use to connect with her death. It is also hard to believe it has been 10 years.

I heard that Dodi's father was not invited to the service. He held a moment of silence for his son and Di at Harrod's.

It's Labor Day weekend and it looks like it is going to be a quiet one for me and The Calvinator; no complaints here.

Friends are heading out to New Orleans for Southern Decadence and others are heading to Austin for Last Splash. Another friend is heading to the ATL. Sofi Bon Chien is having a b'day party in San Francisco. Happy B'day Sofi!

Sofi Bon Chien




I might head over to the MFA/Houston to view Red Hot Asian on Saturday.



I do need to get a run in tomorrow morning. 6, 7 or 8 miles? We'll see what I feel like in the a.m. Also need to make some cards and do some prototypes for a potential client. It might turn out to be a putz-around weekend. :-)

Have a safe weekend everyone!

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Well, you know you really won't be missing out on too much.

All those sweaty bodies, beer breath up in your face drunks, men huddled around other men in the street at the corner of St Ann and Bourbon trying to get a peek of some one's wang wang. All in 98 degree heat, with 92% humidity.

And then there is the morning after....

Truly not worth it.