Monday, August 6, 2007

White Linen Night in the heights

So the other night after the pool party and after having a Rock Star and after walking Calvin and after taking a shower, I headed for The Heights. I'd heard about a quasi-neighborhood street party/festival and decided to take my happy arse up the street to check it out.

It turned out to be a fun evening. Music. Free food. Free adult beverages. Art. Lots to see.

This event was not limited to just 19th Street. However, that is all I had the time for! It took me about 2.5 hours to walk from Lawrence to Yale and back. THAT'S how crowded it was. My one criticism is that they should have closed down 19th Street.

I used this as an opportunity to visit stores I have never been to (i.e. Eclectic, Harold's, Bliss and many others). There was one gallery that had a sign on the door warning potential guests that there was public nudity inside. So I barged right in and looked for public nudity!

Well...there was a young lady standing there who had been painted. She had on the smallest of panties and two strategically placed pasties. Other than that, she was nude. However, at first glance it looked like she had on a very colorful body suit.

I visited with her nude (no not me...her) and the artist (clothed...me too) and it took almost 3 hours to complete the project. I was in complete awe. I didn't take a photo because it was very cramped in that gallery and I would have been knocking down a few people and some pieces of art.

I had a fun time. Sorta reminded me of being on Bourbon Street...walking around with a "free" cocktail in my Go Cup and just people watching.

Last year they estimated 13,000 people. I'm sure they surpassed that this year.

Click here for more photos.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

hey timmy

well....do tell...when ya'll have another artsy night out.

give me a holler suga.

tommy