Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 3.3

Carl Rove
The assistant, deputy chief of staff and senior advisor to George W. has turned in his resignation. I'll let these photos speak for themselves.
Unfortunately he is returning to Texas.

Speaking of Texas
It's been hot! And the heat reminds me of an episode from All In The Family. They were having a heat wave and Edith Bunker kept singing (as only Edith could): We're having a heat wave, A tropical wave... Of course Archie told her to shut up.
So guess what's stuck in my head today? My apologies to Irving Berlin.

Even though it was 83 degrees at 630A this morning when I did my 3 mile run, the humidity level must have been lower than previous days. It didn't feel like I was running with two sweaters on.

Tropical Storm Dean is out in the Atlantic heading on a western course. Too early to tell if it will continue west or dog leg and go north.

A tropical disturbance could be forming in the Gulf which could help lower the temperatures in the Bayou City. You see...this is what happens when the calendar flips to August....disturbances, depressions, storms and hurricanes reenter my vernacular.


Tiara revisited
So yesterday's tiara sighting happened to fall on the same day that the Miss America Pageant announced it has found a new home on the telly. They are moving to TLC. CMT opted out of their contract with the organization. CMT picked up the pageant after ABC didn't renew their contract. Prior to ABC, the show was broadcast on NBC for many years.

More on Miss America in a future posting.

No comments: