Friday, August 17, 2007

Humedo (translates to Humid)

I just returned from a walk with The Calvinator. I swear the humidity index has to be around 1000%. Believe it or not it is only at 59% with a current temperature of 87 degrees.

What makes it feel higher than that is the fact that the ground is soaked. I checked on Buffalo Bayou earlier today and it is below its banks. I really wanted to get a picture of it when it was really full.

I did try to get a run in yesterday. I went to Memorial Park around 400P. There was a sprinkling of rain...no big deal. I was listening to Madonna's Confessions On A Dance Floor on the iPod and I thought I heard thunder. Then I thought I heard it again. Sure enough...just as I finished 3 miles it poured down rain. End of the run.

I'm not big on thunder and lightning when I'm in a 1500 acre wooded park.

I thought I was going to be smart this morning and get in a long walk with The Calvinator. Looked out. Coast is clear. We start walking. Sure enough...it starts to rain. And me with no umbrella. I made him hurry with his pee and poop and we get back to the house, towel him off and it stops raining. UGH!

I imagine a cartoon drawing of the two of us and a black cloud is over us and it is only raining on us.

This is a satellite image of Hurricane Dean which is now a Category 2. Still too early to tell what will happen next week. Hurricanes are so unpredictable. It's prolly time to do an inventory of supplies in case we get hit next week. Let's see....vodka (a). I'll worry about the other stuff tomorrow.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Well.....you can always come up to Alexandria ....and bring the Calvinator. Safe haven here.

We do stock Fris Vodka...grey goose is always an option.