Monday, August 13, 2007

The Office

Things have been a bit quiet at the office so I thought I would give you an update about a couple of things that have happened.

I'm not sure what they put in the Kool-Aid at the office but it makes people want to come back and stay. Surfer Dude/former volleyball player, The Judge, Loud Lady and her man, the cops, the conservative white man group...they're all still there Sunday - Saturday. However, we have a new cult member...uh I mean a new employee at the office. His name is Mr. Porsche.

It all started very innocently. He'd come in on an erratic basis but he wouldn't stay. Then he started staying. Then he started coming in on a regular basis and staying. He has now progressed to not only being there Monday-Friday but now he also works on the weekends. I just love it when we get a new employee! Yes, we still have some temporary employees and of course the ones who just run in and out but it is always nice when we get a full-time employee. I even let him use my desk one day. :-)

So this morning was a bit odd. After I did a 3 mile run with RunnerOne, I went directly to the office. Normally I shower and clean up because I always want to look good when I am at the office. Plus they keep it so cold in there it can be quite uncomfortable when you're wet, not to mention the shrinkage. So today, I decided to just go to the office even though I didn't look my best and figured I would sit outside.

I walked in and was thrown for a loop. Neighbor Ryan was there. I only see him in front of his house or inside my television talking about the news. He didn't recognize me either 'cause I didn't have The Calvinator by my side.

So I get my Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla non-fat Latte and newspaper and sit outside by the door.

A new group of people showed up and I couldn't help but stare at one of them. OK...here it is around 740A on a Monday and one of them is wearing a tiara. It got me to thinking, "Is there a start time for wearing your tiara?"

I have a baseball cap with a Martini glass that on the back is embroidered with: It's 5:00 p.m. somewhere. Maybe that's what she was thinking?



In other news:
She said, "No. No. No!"

Perez Hilton is reporting that Amy Winehouse is not in rehab.

Amy Winehouse is talking about the scary drug overdose that landed her in an London emergency room this past week.

The singer, who refuses to go to rehab, spoke exclusively to the New Of The World.
Says Wino:

“It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. It was just crazy—one of the most terrifying moments of my life. I don’t know how to explain what happened. I don’t really know myself. I can’t remember what I looked like. I couldn't recognise myself. It was terrifying—I was terrified. I was so out of control. It just happened. It shocked me. I’m sorry—I just don’t know what got into me. I never want to feel that way again.I’ve scared myself this time. I was all over the place. I know things have got to change. I have to sort myself out. I’m fine. I’ll be back at work on Monday. I’m fine, honest.”

No comments: