Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 3.1

Ask Marilyn
Where did the word “blog” originate?—Alice Sherman, Redington Shores, Fla.

The word “blog” is short for “Web log,” a site one establishes for the purpose of putting one’s thoughts online for the edification or amusement of visitors, who may leave pieces of their own minds before departing.


Star Jones-Reynolds

I'm not posting anything that hasn't already been said so she can't get me for libel.

Anywho. A few years ago when Star Jones had a severe weight loss she declined to say how she did it. In fact, I think she said it was exercise or Pilates or something along that line. OK folks. I run. I exercise. I don't drop weight like that!

So then Rosie calls her out on it and Star gets p!ssed. So then Star starts to say it was a medical intervention.

So after all of this time (I believe it was last week), Star comes out and says she had gastric bypass surgery in 2003 and has lost 160lbs. OK. First of all good for you Star. Seriously. If you weighed 307lbs. then yes, you needed to do something.

HOWEVER, she also stated that she didn't want to talk about herself and reveal to everyone how she lost the weight. EXCUSE ME? Uh....this is the woman who on The View was always sitting there with her all about me attitude? This is the woman who pimped out her wedding? I don't get it. I really don't.

And I know this is all about timing. She's getting ready to go back on the telly with a new show.


Thanx Lee
Lee Hazlewood who wrote and produced These Boots Are Made For Walkin' passed away.

The recording by Nancy Sinatra was released in February 1966 and hit #1 in the U.S. and United Kingdom. Believe it or not, I remember hearing that song on the radio and remember my parents have the the vinyl 45rpm.

Thanx Lee for giving us that song. It is STILL one of my favorites.


Running & Sleeping
OK. I'm still having some wild dreams at night. Black clouds. A friend's car needing repair. Being in Ciudad Juarez. Seeing a flying saucer car driving down the streets of Juarez (as someone said that could be classified as a true illegal alien).

I got up early on Monday and went to the park and did a 3 mile run. Did some weights yesterday. Went to bed early. Couldn't get up early this morning to go running. Tsetse fly again? Not sure.

No comments: