Monday, August 27, 2007

"I'm going to de-wimp you."

That's how our run started today. I met RunnerOne today at 530P at Memorial Park. It was hot but there were also thunderstorm clouds off in the distance.

So we started our run and I was asked when was the last time I ran at this time of the day. I mumbled something about it was during the last century or maybe sometime last year during the month of February...when it's nice and cool. I guess the fact that I run in three sweater feeling humidity in the morning is considered wimpish in the eyes of a guy who just ran through Death Valley. :-)

We ended up doing 4 miles and hard to believe it was a negative split. By the time we were into mile 3 it looked like the clouds were coming our way and the wind was picking up. The thought of getting caught in a thunderstorm in Memorial Park is not on my list of ways that I want to die.

My energy level is quite a bit different during the afternoon/evenings. In fact, I was getting hungry so before I left the house I did two spoonfuls of peanut butter and then ate a Clif Bar on my way to the park. In all honesty, I have forgotten how to eat during the day if I'm going to run in the evenings. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

We finished the run, did some post-run stretching and then it started to rain. I was already dripping with sweat so the rain felt really good.

OK bois and gurrls...I'm outta here!

3 comments:

Brechi said...

Nice. Running in the rain is also kind of fun. :)

Timmy said...

I actually like to run in the rain...as long as there isn't lightning and high winds. :-) There's something really refreshing almost bordering on sensual about running and feeling the rain wash away the sweat.

"Tommy" said...

Ah..well..i don't know bout the running...but a lite snack before a day of biking on the hills at Kisatchie Natl Forest does the trick.

KNF: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/kisatchie/