Friday, August 24, 2007

International Beefcake

Remember when French President Nicolas Sarkozy went Whitney Houston on the paparazzi because they were taking pictures of him on his vacation? Well…the latest is that he was shirtless and he didn’t want his poignees d’amour showing up in print…and they did.

Sarkozy showing his love handles.


However, in the most recent publication of the photos the poignees d’amour have disappeared. Paris-Match said it retouched the photos because “the position of the boat exaggerated this protuberance…In lightening the shadows, the correction was exaggerated.”

So what is it with Heads of State doing the whole beefcake thing? First Sarkozy and then Putin? W…if you’re reading this…keep your shirt on, OK?


Putin showing his pecs while fishing.

And speaking of poignees d’amour, I’m not helping my cause any. Yesterday at the office, there was a new item in the snack machine: Triple Berry Cobbler Muffins. Prior to going to the office, I did a 4 mile run at Memorial Park so I figure I already had a credit balance on my calorie intake for the day. However, despite the pressure from Chris to purchase a muffin I only ordered my Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla Non-fat Latte, got my newspaper and sat on the terrace. It’s funny. I was sitting outside and I could hear those muffins calling my name.

I went back inside and ordered one (remember I have a credit balance on calorie intake) and I must tell you that is one helluva muffin! So much so, that this morning I ordered another one. I figure I need to eat up today because I’ll do six or seven miles of running tomorrow morning and you can’t run on an empty tank. (Do you understand my logic?)

Plus, I know I burned more calories yesterday walking The Calvinator AND I went to LeFittes and did weights. And just in case you’re wondering, here’s the breakdown on the Triple Berry Cobbler Muffin: 420 calories; 160 calories from fat; total fat 18g; saturated fat 8g; trans fat 0g; cholesterol 70mg; sodium 310mg; total carbohydrates 60g; dietary fiber 2g; sugar 31g; protein 6g; Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%.

This is a picture of the Triple Berry Cobbler Muffin and Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla Non-fat Latte on my desk at the office.

And speaking of Heads of State (well sort of), Danny in the SFO was rubbing elbows the other night with Gavin Newsom. OK…Gavin could take his shirt off and no one would probably raise a ruckus.

Gavin & Danny (photo: Bill Wilson)

2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Must be a good life in H Town.

Have a good weekend.

tom

mjr1066 said...

Gavin looks somewhat like my chiropractor.....