Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 3.0

I didn't get a good night's rest last night. The Calvinator woke me up around 200A when he went running from the bedroom to the front of the house barking. It only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to wake me up.

THEN I had this awful dream about snakes and dog poop. I was living in a library and my bedroom was painted green. There was a huge sculpture of a snake that went around the room and the head of the snake was hanging from the ceiling. It was a piece of art titled Garden Of Eden.

There was a librarian position open and I was going to be interviewing people. However, applicants kept arriving early and would walk into my bedroom and find me sleeping and see the snake and leave.

(In my dream) I finally get out of bed and walk through the rest of the library to get to the kitchen but sorta have to walk outside. There are dead snakes and dog poop everywhere. I was very frustrated and decided that I wanted to move but the place that I wanted to move to had just been leased to Donatella Versace.

That is the point that I finally woke up (around 445A). I woke up The Calvinator and took him for a walk...it was already 80 degrees outside.

Running & Spinning
I did a 3 mile run yesterday morning at the park because I planned on going spinning later in the day. Well, later in the day arrived and I decided that I didn't want to spin. I just wasn't in the mood for a hard workout from Connie. So I did some weights instead.

I may do a spin class on Thursday.

I did a 4 mile run this morning at the park before I took The Calvinator to doggy daycare.

I'm at the point where I need to decide if I'm going to the Houston marathon in January or the 1/2 marathon. If it is the marathon, then I need to start bumping up the mileage. Anyone care to weigh in on the decision? Remember...a marathon is 26.2 and a 1/2 is only 13.1 miles. I have done several of both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should do the marathon, I am doing Las Vegas marathon in December and have about the same mileage in. It seems to be easy to do the mileage once you have done a marathon (I like you have done some already). I dont panic as much about miles now that I've done some, I tend to do more time training them miles. Go out for a so many hour run instead of miles. Jeff in iowa