Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 3.2


Fun In The Sun
Yesterday I was at a fabulous pool party in The Heights hosted by Marc, Gordon and Todd. These guys always have good parties. Yes, the adult beverages are good but it is the right mix of guests that makes it really enjoyable.
We had sun, music, food, beverages and icebergs. It may have been 100 degrees but for a brief moment I thought I heard Celine Dion singing My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme from Titanic).

Yao Ming x 7
Red Bricks brings up a good point about a previous post. How can Houston have hills? LOL It's all relative. Houston is a few miles up the road from Galveston. The further away from Galveston that you get, the higher the elevation. I live close to downtown and the elevation is about 50'.

I believe Yao Ming is 7'5" so stack 7 of him on top of each other and that is the approximate elevation of downtown.

Bottom of the incline looking north (Memorial @ Sandman)


Looking across Memorial Drive, across Buffalo Bayou and looking into River Oaks.


At the top of the incline looking west on Memorial Drive.

I guess people in Denver would refer to my hill as a slight incline. :-) So I took some photos (similar to those on Google) of my hill. If Buffalo Bayou ever floods enough to get to my house, we're in trouble. I'll be looking in the Yellow Pages for someone named Noah.

Merv Griffin

Merv passed away today. He was 82 years old.

As a child and teenager, I remember watching the Merv Griffin Show. Up until that point in my life I had never heard of Lanie Kazan or Charo. And I'll never forget the day he devoted a whole hour to The Village People.

Merv gave us Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Dance Fever. Thank you Merv for some good television memories.



You Give Me Fever
It's hot. Even The Calvinator knows it is hot. He has been cutting his walks short. He stops dead in his tracks and turns toward the house.

There's a dead squirrel sitting in front of the house. Heat exhaustion I'm sure.

So we went from 25 days of rain in July to near 100 (if not 100) degree heat. It is rare that it gets this hot in The Bayou City.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, it was over 100 everyday last week in the RDU. BTW, post some pics of this park you are always running in....

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That pool party looks TOO FUN. Crazy.

--Leslie

Timmy said...

It is frickin' hot here in H-town today! The Calvinator and I did 20 minute walk around 515A this morning and it was already 82 degrees. And yes, the party was fun even if the icebergs didn't last.

And yes, I need to post some pics of Memorial Park. With any luck maybe I can catch Yoga Boi doing yoga. :-)