Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dodge A Bullet

Yesterday's headache pretty much knocked me off my feet. I had to run a couple of errands and of course walk The Calvinator but beyond that I was worthless.

At some point I passed out on the couch and missed a party. I did wake up in time to find out that the strike zone cone for Hurricane Dean was getting squished...I guess the correct term is "getting more narrow."

I slept later than normal for a Sunday so I hurried to the telly to find out the latest. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the @ss but I'm certain the Texas upper Gulf coast has dodged a bullet.


Dodge The Bullet by Wayne Zebzda


Here is a satellite photo from this morning:



Here is a close-up of Hurricane Dean. If you look at its aesthetic value, it really is quite pretty. I doubt that the people in Jamaica find anything aesthetically pleasing about this.
Here is a look at the 8 different models:


We may not get any rain from this storm.

I did something different today...different from normal Sunday routine. I did go to the office but not to LeFittes. I went to 1030A Mass at University of St. Thomas. They have a really cool chapel on campus. It doesn't hold many people but it was packed today; SRO.
I was really impressed with the choir. Eleven people including the organist. I'm not really big on organ music but they did a really good job of striking a balance of the organ, guitar, clarinet and voices.

SIDEBAR: I have issues with organ music at Mass. You see, I played guitar for many years at different churches for Mass. I never got a good vibe from the organists at any of the churches. It's my issue to resolve. Plus, I haven't played at a Mass in a few years so I really shouldn't make generalizations and should put the issue in a helium balloon and let float out of my life.

Anywho, here are some pics of the chapel. I didn't have my camera with me so I copied these photos from some different websites:




The Fabulous Miss Jolie Shay sent a distress flare this afternoon. (She has a flare about her.) Her car was sputtering and wouldn't move. I'm not a mechanic but I play one on tv so the best I could do was offer her companionship while she waited for the tow truck and then give her a ride home. I took some photos of the car being towed away "just in case" the driver doesn't make it to the dealership with the JAG-U-AR. (I can't figure out how to send those photos to my email address to post.) They sent out a "special" tow truck for the car.

OK...I'm gonna scoot. I have a tinge of a headache.

No comments: