Thursday, August 2, 2007

To Catch An iJacker

Once again, I think I got bit by a tsetse fly because I sure was sleepy last night. Before I fell asleep around 930P I was watching Chris Hansen do an investigative report about people who intentionally steal iPods. This is known as iJacking.

What kind of got under my skin is that Apple has the technology to catch iJackers and won't do anything about it. You see...I was iJacked in December and was feeling like I had lost an appendage.


I left my iPod nano at LeFittes on December 30, 2006 in the locker room. That's what I get for being a Chatty Cathy and not paying attention. When I realized what I had done I immediately called and sure enough it wasn't in the Lost and Found. I know for a fact that people turn stuff in at LeFittes and it gets returned to its rightful owner so I was hoping that my iPod nano would be waiting for me. WRONG!

I ended up buying a new iPod nano but it still irks me that no one turned it in.

I had a large selection of showtunes loaded on that iPod and all I could hope for is that the person who iJacked me hates showtunes and that's all it will play. Let's start with Ethel Merman singing There's No Business Like Show Business or Andrea McArdle singing Tomorrow or Liza singing Caberet. HA! That'll show you.


SIDEBAR: And yes, I had another wild dream last night. Won't go into the details but it was about being in New Orleans, a Mardi Gras parade, Canal Street being flooded, friends arguing, buying some cool art in the CBD, having a Krewe meeting and a Mystery & Fantasy Ball meeting on the same day at the same time at Texas Wesleyan University. Talk about a dream that wore me out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched it too b/c I watch Criminal Minds and then Dateline: To Catch A Predator. What can I say? Anyway - you know why Apple won't do it. They gain sales off of this. I am sure that the people who get theirs stolen prolly buy another one.

"Tommy" said...

I bet it Did !!!!

Wear you OUT !!!!!

At lest it was a Good Dream !!!!!!!