Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gully Washer

I heard him say it, "This shower will be out of here by the 6:00 news." W-R-O-N-G!

That "storm" hooked up with another storm right over NoRo before the 6:00 news and it rained hard. Before I realized what was happening the heavens opened up and I hadn't closed the window on The Cal Mobile. UGH!

So I put on my Cal Walking Slicker and ran outside.


This is a picture of my shorts when I got back inside. If you look close enough, you can see the raindrops on the hair on my legs.



This is a closeup.


So HE comes back on at the top of the 6:00 news and says we're going to have flooding. It was coming down at about 2.5" an hour. Then I hear something about SUVs floating and if you live near Memorial Park, Downtown, Galleria, Med Center, etc. stay put.

OK...here's the deal. I bought The Cal Mobile so that I COULD drive through high water. I was tired of the Corolla floating around.

It finally let up a bit around 7:00 and The Calvinator wanted out. It was still raining...but not as hard...so I put on the Cal Walking Slicker and took him out. He must have known we needed to hurry (you could see the lightning and hear the thunder moving away from NoRo) because he peed and pooped really fast and was ready to get back home.

I have often been "teased" about The Cal Walking Slicker. I've had this slicker long before there was a Calvinator. I got it for about $15.00 at a Gap Outlet and it has served me well.


Here's the Cal Walking Slicker drying off (front)


(back)

We've been through hell and high water (get it) together. Earlier this year I thought it was time to retire it because the zipper was stuck. I was looking to replace it and before I hit the "purchase" button on the Lands End website I tugged on the zipper one more time and voila! We were back in business.

HE says to expect another gully washer tomorrow around the same time. I'll be sure to get to LeFittes well before the storm hits.

Stay dry everybody!

No comments: