Monday, July 2, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 2.0

I'm a bit late with today's posting. I've been busy today helping Kaye Sedilla with a mail out promoting her upcoming appearance in Houston on July 15.

In case you're wondering, the finger is much better. Not as swollen and not as much pain. I may actually go to the gym and try to do some weights.

Didn't go running this morning. The Calvinator and I went for a 530A walk right before it started to rain. We did his mid-day walk in the rain and it looks like it has finally quit...for awhile.

I have a few things on my mind....
Concert for Diana
I didn't get to watch the whole thing; I'll watch it later. However, I did see parts of it and then saw some highlights on NBC last night.

When did Nelly Furtado become a hottie? I remember when she first released I'm Like A Bird. The music that was packaged with that song was OK. And she looked OK. At some point she seems to have found her groove and changed her look and music style. Maybe I just never noticed? I have a few of her songs from Loose on my iPod.
Diddy. or is it P. Diddy? or is it Puff Daddy. (Bill or Billy or Mack or Buddy) There is one song that I really like of his and wouldn't you know that he performed it yesterday and almost had me in tears? I'll Be Missing You was written about The Notorious B.I.G. He performed it yesterday in honor of Diana. It was an excellent rendition. He had a choir in black robes backing him up and and an all female string section. I've already commented on Duran Duran. SIDEBAR: NBC showed them performing Rio and The Calvinator was sitting next to me. I reminded him that he slept through the live performance. I asked him if he wanted to dance and shake his maracas? Every time I said maracas, his ears perked up. I kept saying it over and over to the point where I was almost hysterical.

And I don't care how round Elton John has become he can still play the piano!


The Cal Mobile
I've been teasing y'all with "something I've been up to" and now I will do my reveal. I bought an '06 Escape last week. Wasn't sure that I could do another hurricane evacuation so I wanted to make sure that Calvin and I could get the h#ll outta Dodge if need be. I love being up high! However, this is Texas and someone will always have a vehicle, bigger, wider and taller than mine.




1 comment:

AlanTheRealtor said...

that is a great looking car:)