Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 4 recap

It rained most of the day here in the Bayou City. Neighbors Dale & Linda were having their annual Feagan Street July 4th Celebration. Even though I don't live on Feagan, I live close enough to be included.
Last year was the first time that I went to the party. I enjoyed it because it gave me the opportunity to meet people that I see when I'm out walking The Calvinator.

The weather obviously kept people indoors so it was a small crowd. Good Egg Neighbor Mike (Jack's owner) showed up. We never really talk in the mornings when we're dog walking 'cause we're still both 1/2 asleep...bed head and all.

In my conversation with him I found out that he is in the Training & Development Dept. at NASA. He has some assessment tools to help me with my career exploration phase. All I need to do is call him. (Hmmm...maybe I should become an astronaut?) You see...I told you he is a good egg. :-)

After partaking in some adult beverages, I made my way back home, walked The Calvinator and took a two hour nap. Calvin was not happy about wearing his bandanna. It took me about 15 frames to come up with one good pic. While we were on our walk, he received a compliment on his attire.
Wayne had a small soiree at his townhome in Midtown. I drove Jim and Ben in The Cal Mobile. We live really close to the big celebration that occurs in Houston so leaving NoRO was a bit of chore. We heard an odd noise and thought something bad had happened to The Cal Mobile. Turns out it was 4 F-16s doing a fly by (really low) for the big festival. It scared the cr#p outta me. LOL

Wayne's gathering was also a b'day party for Sikorski. The food was wonderful.

I never realized that Wayne had a third floor deck. We were able to see the fireworks at Hermann Park, Galleria and FreedomFest on Buffalo Bayou. I tried to take some photos of the fireworks but I was too far away. So, if I had been closer I'm sure they would have looked like this. :-)

Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday!

1 comment:

Junie B said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

And congrats on the race!!