Monday, July 30, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 2.5

In case you didn't notice, I didn't do any running this weekend. I hate to run when the allergies are acting up 'cause I can't inhale/exhale.

Anywho...here's a quick recap of my comings and goings.

I did make it to LeFittes yesterday for a light weight workout. Skedaddled home and walked The Calvinator and then headed out to Ft. Bend County for a surprise Welcome To Houston Stan Sikorski! Party. It was also an afternoon to memorialize Audrey Sikorski. It was a wonderful afternoon filled with great conversation.

I arrived at the house and had no idea where I was. LOL Good thing I packed a lunch and First Aid supplies for my nosebleed. (Just kidding.)

For those of you who don't live in Houston and don't know the joke, there is a segment of the population that never traverses "outside the loop" (OTL) The loop is I-610. Keep in mind, The Galleria is OTL but it is attached to the loop so it is sorta annexed. So if you ever go OTL you might get a nosebleed and you might get lost and need a snack.

I did get up this morning and run 3 miles. The legs were rested and I had new shoes and shorts so it was a good run. It was VERY humid.

The Mirror and The Mask
Portraiture in the Age of Picasso

Harlequin With A Mirror by Pablo Picasso

When The Calvinator and I did our road trip a couple of weeks ago, I left him with his grandparents one afternoon and went to the Kimbell Art Museum. They have an exhibit that will be there until September 16, 2007 and it is really interesting. So if you're in the city Where The West Begins I highly recommend that you check it out.

Quappi in a Pink Sweater by Max Beckmann


Bust of a Woman with Hat by Pablo Picasso

Franzi in Front of a Carved Chair by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner

Many of my readers may not know this but I have taken a few art history classes and some actual hands-on art classes. So it is always cool to see some the paintings that I studied. Here are a few of my favorite paintings in the exhibit.


Mlle Yvonne Landsberg by Henri Matisse

Self-Portrait With Monkey by Frida Kahlo


Andre Derain by Maurice de Vlaminck

La fille aux yeux verts by Henri Matisse


Man With A Pipe by Pablo Picasso

Self-Portrait by Vincent van Gogh

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Ah Cool

I will have to remember when I head to Tesuque ...I come thru there on the way.

I have book marked it.

thanks

twt