Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Weekend in review (Part II)

7/7/07


My post for 7/7/07 pretty much tells you what I did during the day. Let me tell you what happened in the evening and it may “esplain” why I’m muy cansado.


Sikorski gave me a ticket to the Astros game. He was going to sing the National Anthem. He also invited AttyHou and Everyday Italian. Well…we had to get there around 530P to get our tickets and get seated. Just as we were loading up The Cal Mobile, the heavens opened up. High winds. Torrential downpour. Sheets of rain coming sideways.


We’re not that far from Minute Maid Park but the traffic signals were messed up downtown and the lightrail was slowing things down. And while the typhoon was swirling around us, Rihanna’s Umbrella (Rafael Lelis Radio Mix) started playing. Too funny. We found street parking about five blocks away and ran with our umbrellas. They didn’t do much good. We were soaked! Not sure if you can tell how wet I got from this photo. Look at my shoulder.


Can you see how wet I am????



The game went into extra innings. We left at the top of the 11th. The Mets won in the 17th…yes, as in 8 extra innings.

Here is Sikorski singing before the game.


Brad Ausmus at bat.



Sikorski, Everyday Italian, AttyHou & Steve

We went home and did costume changes (changed out of our wet clothes) before heading over to Quadra-3. Trevan, Dan, Gary and Ray throw a joint b’day party. It was fun to catch up with people that I haven’t seen in awhile. There was some buzz going around the party about Kaye Sedilla returning to town on July 15 at Miss Mint Julep. I sure hope she knows to expect a crowd!

So I had every intention of calling it an early evening but I was hungry and so were AttyHou and Everday Italian. We load up The Cal Mobile again and head over to House of Pies (aka House of Guys). Can you believe they were almost out of pie? Granted it was close to midnight but still! Puhleeeze. I wanted Bayou Goo Pie and all I got was Italian Dream Cake…oh and a chicken fried steak sandwich.

I didn't take this photo. THIS photo has pies in it.

No comments: