Saturday, July 14, 2007

Bastille Day


Today is Bastille Day in France. Greetings to Aleksander & Stephane at Oh La La. These two guys are two of favorite bloggers. This photo was taken was taken by Steph.


Photo of the fireworks over looking the Vincennes Park in Paris by Steph


For those of us who aren't quite sure what Bastille Day is, this is from Wikepedia: Bastille Day is the French national holiday, celebrated on 14 July each year. In France, it is called "Fête Nationale" ("National Holiday"), in official parlance, or more commonly "quatorze juillet" ("14th of July"). It commemorates the 1790 Fête de la Fédération, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on 14 July 1789; the storming of the Bastille was seen as a symbol of the uprising of the modern French "nation", and of the reconciliation of all the French inside the constitutional monarchy which preceded the First Republic, during the French Revolution.

In Other News...

I went for a 6 mile run this morning and saw something rather disturbing. While I was in the jungle gym area doing my post-run stretch I thought I saw a man wearing a diaper. I looked again and well let's just say he shouldn't have been wearing those white shorts...they were a bit too small, too wet and did not complement his body at all. And I was the only one doing a double take!

I schleped wine around yesterday in preparation for tonight's Krewe Party. Hope y'all can make it. In addition to this, I was running more errands for Kaye Sedilla. She puts the "I" in dIva! I got a steal at Macy's Red Apple Sale today. I went looking for a white shirt and ended up buying a black shirt. LOL (I crack myself up.) Here's the deal.

The sign on the rack for the black shirt said 50% off blah, blah, blah. However, the white white shirt (exact same style) wasn't on that rack. So I thought, "hmmm. I can always use another black shirt." Turns out it was 50% off the marked price. The shirt had already been marked down 50% and it was 50% off of that! At that price, who needs a white shirt???? :-)

No comments: