Friday, July 6, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 2.1

Daddy's Day Out
Due to the July 4th holiday, doggy daycare was closed so we rescheduled for today. The Calvinator was so excited to get away from me today and I must say the feeling is mutual. He tried to maul me Wednesday night. (Maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration?) Not sure what set him off. Maybe it was because I left him alone and went to two parties? I honestly thought he broke the skin...it hurt.



Karoake Spin Class
Due to inclement weather and a bit too much to drink on Wednesday, I didn’t feel too bad about missing my run. I decided to go to Connie’s spin class at LeFittes on Thursday afternoon. I was actually sorta dreading it but I was ready to give it my all. Connie wasn’t there. *sigh of relief* Jerry was the instructor. I have seen Jerry teach aerobic classes and ab crunch classes…didn’t know he could spin.


Even though I was a gruntin’ and a groanin’ through part of the class, he had me laughing. He was singing along to some of the songs. Sorta like Karaoke Spin Class. I talked to him after class and we laughed about doing a class where you pass the microphone around and have people sing along. LOL I’d be able to do it but would prolly pass out from lack of oxygen.



The Weekend
Any big plans for the weekend?


I have a b’day party to attend on Saturday evening. Several guys who have birthdays in July throw a joint bash. It has become an annual event on the party circuit.

Sunday is the 30th Anniversary of Christmas In July. Once again, Romeo says this is his last performance. Uh huh…sure.


St. Louis Lynne (SLL) is scheduled to make an appearance in The Bayou City this weekend. Haven't seen her in a few months so hopefully I'll be able to see her for a bit.

And of course, I’ll get a run in on Saturday morning and get some workouts at LeFittes.



Scotland @ Roy Sculpture Garden
The bois next door have acquired a piece of art for the front yard. Adds a bit of class to life in NoRO. It took 4 of us to get it off of the truck. Everyone has an opinion about which angle to display it....friends and neighbors all weighed in with their thoughts last night. As soon as it finds it permanent home, I'll post a pic.


It is actually quite nice. It is a stainless steel abstract piece that was created in 1969 by George Cutts. Due to the acquisition, I ended up with a relocated Sago Palm.



Frida Kahlo
Today marks the 100th anniversary of the birth of Frida Kahlo.
(from ArtCyclopedia) Born July 6, 1907 in the town of Coyoacán in Mexico, Frida Kahlo survived many difficult events in her life, including contracting polio as a child, a long recovery from a serious car accident, two failed marriages, and several miscarriages.


She used these experiences, combined with strong Mexican and Native American cultural influences, to create highly personal paintings. Kahlo used personal symbolism mixed with Surrealism to express her suffering through her work. A viewer might classify her paintings as Surrealism or Magic Realism, but she considered her art to be realistic.


Kahlo died July 13, 1954 of pulmonary embolism.

No comments: