Friday, July 27, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 2.4

Lots of tidbits for you this morning and sorta in a hurry so I'll type as fast as I can.

"There is no crying in baseball."...
...unless you're Craig Biggio and then it is OK.

Photo: Melissa Phillip: Chronicle
Tears flowed as Craig Biggio announced Tuesday afternoon that his 20th season with the Astros will be his last.



The other day I was minding my own business and flipping channels while I was working on something. Happened to stop on ESPN to watch a triathlon and they were doing live coverage from Minute Maid Park.

A news conference was about to start and B-G-O was about to announce his retirement. After 20 years with the Astros he will call it quits on his own terms at the end of this season.

Biggio will definitely be missed. He has only played for the Astros and was on of the Killer B's. With all of the non-role model athletes that we have, it's nice to know that some good guys still exist.

Later that night, he hits a grand slam. It doesn't get much better than that.

Photo: Melissa Phillip: Chronicle
Craig Biggio feasts on a high pitch from the Dodgers' Rudy Seanez, smashing it into the Crawford Boxes for a grand slam in the sixth inning that broke a 3-3 tie and propelled the Astros to a 7-4 win.

See You Later Alligator. After Awhile Crocodile.

Last night a small group of us gathered at Mo Mong to bid adieu to G. G and Gidget will be moving to St. Louis. A fun time was had by all. :-) I'll post photos at a later date.

Gidget prepares for the move.

Too Funny
While I was at Gaylynn's party, one of the guests realized that we had previously met. Turns out that Jai was the guy who bought my coffee at the office one morning? Somehow a conversation about my blog had been going on and he made the connection. It was one of those moments that makes you realize it is a small world...but I wouldn't want to paint it. (Posting on June 12, 2007: The early bird gets the...)


Hurricane Forecast

OK folks. This is serious news. Next week a new forecast for the 2007 hurricane season will be released.

Historically, the Gulf Coast gets hit hurricanes starting in August. Also, the height of hurricane season is on Sept. 10 (which happens to be my birthday). AND there is an indirect correlation between a really wet June and really wet July that leads to destructive hurricanes.


Right now, Houston is having the 7th wettest July on record. I'm just saying, be prepared.

Running
I went running on Thursday morning and prolly shouldn't have done so. My allergies are really bothering me and it took everything I had in me to do three miles. Friday is my non-running day so we'll see what happens tomorrow (weather permitting). Also, I think I'm about do for visit to the chiropractor.

RunnerOne
Tim was interviewed by the Houston Chronicle about his run in Death Valley. Click here to read the interview.

No comments: