Sunday, July 1, 2007

Concert For Diana

It is a rainy morning here in Houston. Str8 Up With a Twist is moving a bit slow this morning. A good time was had by all yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out how I damaged my finger yesterday. It is swollen but moveable.

I have a Krewe meeting and party to get to later and have laundry to fold and dishes to wash but instead I'm sitting here reminiscing while The Calvinator allows me to indulge myself. (He is passed out and should be rockin' to Duran Duran performing Rio.

Currently on VH1, they are airing live footage from Wembley Stadium.
Princes William and Harry wanted to honor the memory of their mother on what would have been her 46th birthday. The 10th anniversary of her death is August 31. The boys selected the artists who would perform today and selected the songs.

The night that she died is one of those moments in time that I will always remember what I was doing when it happened. I was in New Orleans. I had a wonderful dinner with Jim and Jamie at Bacco. We had returned to the Monteleone to change clothes before we went out for the evening. I was flipping channels and came across live coverage from Paris. It was one of those situations that had me glued to the telly. We thought she would be OK. Later on we encountered a guy who kept saying, "She's dead. She's dead."

During the concert they are doing tributes to her. I wish the lump in my throat would go away. This is supposed to be a celebration. Guess I should get in the mood, huh? ;-)

Soon I will be posting photos of my new purchase and a few photos from yesterday. Watch for them.

No comments: